“The ancient world on 5 floors”
Review of Chicago Greeter

Chicago Greeter
Ranked #5 of 186 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chicago Greeter highlights more than 40 special interest areas and more than 25 neighborhoods for visitors to explore. Chicago Greeter is designed to match a friendly, enthusiastic, and city knowledgeable local with a visitor for a two - four hour FREE informal, insider orientation to Chicago's sights. Through the Chicago Greeter service, visitors meet with a greeter who takes them around the city and demonstrates its walk-ability and the user-friendliness of its public transportation system.
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

An amazing shop called primitive @ 130 north Jefferson Chicago captured my imagination of the art that can be found around the world. incredible spirit dolls and sling shots from east Africa hand carved in wood . textiles and rugs from around the world are just a few of the artistry that captured me .On the 4 floor is a real recreated Buddhist temple. Some items are pricy but I for sure know what to look for in quality on my travels

Write a ReviewReviews (1,873)

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I and a friend spent a week in Chicago and one of the highlights was meeting our greeter, Clive, who was friendly, informative and lots of fun to be with. As we come from the UK, he'd done some extra homework about the British in Chicago which was so thoughtful of him. He then took us to see some beautiful buildings, including the inside of some of them. Thank you Clive for making our visit so special!

1  Thank Rachel E
Reviewed December 27, 2013

What a great service! Our greeter Susan, met us in the lobby of our hotel and took us on a walking tour. She was very knowledgable, friendly, and fun.She tailored the tour to meet our group's demographics - 18, 22, 32, and my husband and I. We saw many great landmakrks and learned a lot of the history that went with it. She had tickets to use on the train, which the boys used to go to the United Center later that evening for a hockey game. She made sure they knew where to get on and get off. We ended up at the Hancock Tower Signature room for lunch, and we insisted she join us. It was time well spent - and a treat for all of us.

1  Thank ljw656
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I had 3 days to spend in the city. We had already done many of the main attractions and wanted to go in to the different communities, but didn't feel comfortable doing it on our own. We met with our Chicago Greeter and spent about 4 hours with her talking, taking the 'L" to 3 different villages and walking around, talking about the history, restaurants, housing, and what types of things we could safely do. Also instuctions on the L and Buses. It was enjoyable and so helpful. I would definately recommend this service.

2  Thank Konda N
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is an excellent service that city of Chicago provides. We took our tour the day after we landed and it was a great introduction to Chicago. Our tour guide Paul was very knowledgeable and catered the tour to what we were interested it. He was very flexible. He showed us around downtown and educated us about all the buildings and architectural details that we would have probably never noticed ourselves. Since it was a snowing day he made sure that we were never out in the cold for too long which was definitely appreciated since we were not used to that kind of weather. In California our idea of cold is very different. The highlight of our tour was definitely visiting the Art Institute of Chicago and going to Cloud Gate/Millennium Park. I did not realize how many famous works and artists are showcased at that museum. There is something for everyone's taste. The park itself is also beautiful especially in the winter time. I thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent with Paul and now have a new appreciation for the city. I would love to do this again since every tour is different. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Mina102

Been to Chicago Greeter? Share your experiences!