“Showcased Chicago”

Ranked #5 of 178 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chicago Greeter highlights more than 40 special interest areas and more than 25 neighborhoods for visitors to explore. Chicago Greeter is designed to match a friendly, enthusiastic, and city knowledgeable local with a visitor for a two - four hour FREE informal, insider orientation to Chicago's sights. Through the Chicago Greeter service, visitors meet with a greeter who takes them around the city and demonstrates its walk-ability and the user-friendliness of its public transportation system.
Yorba Linda, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Showcased Chicago”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Thank you Allan! What a great start to our trip to Chicago. Thanks for sharing so much information and showing us around town. I can't believe how much I learned and enjoyed my first day in town. Allan you ttotally added to our fun and memorable trip to Chicago.

Saint-Etienne, France
“Such a good moment!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I warmly recommend Chicago Greeter to all Chicago Visitors. It was really interesting. We learnt so many things! It's much better than guidebooks to get a view of Chicago's atmosphere. Stetson knew how to teach his passion for his own town. We will keep good memories of our visit…

Edwardsville, Illinois
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Do it!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I went on a tour with Randy Plaisance, my greeter for the day. He was incredibly professional, knowledgable on Chicago architecture, and informative to show me the city. Incredible that this is a free service. Do yourself a favor and make this the first stop of your visit, you will not be disappointed!

Visited September 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“What a fantastic service”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Hats off to Chicago for offering such a fantastic service. We did the Millenium Park tour, and hearing the fascinating history behind the park definitely made me appreciate it more. Our tour guide was friendly, engaging and highly knowledgable about Chicago.

I visited during the week when the loop tour doesn't run, and didn't research Chicago until I arrived, so didn't have enough notice to book a private tour. I imagine those tours would be just as fantastic.

I would highly recommend this service. So much gained from just a few hours.

Visited September 2013
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great way to see the city!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Pete Spedale was my tour guide and took me around the city. It was raining that day but Pete was able to take me around the city highlighting Chicago's architecture and neighborhoods while staying mostly dry. He was very knowledgeable answering all of my questions and made the tour lots of fun. I would highly recommend the Chicago Greeter program and Pete!

1 Thank 415traveler2013

Been to Chicago Greeter? Share your experiences!