“Chicago Greeter highly recommended.”
Review of Chicago Greeter

Chicago Greeter
Ranked #3 of 188 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chicago Greeter highlights interest areas and more than 25 neighborhoods for visitors to explore. Chicago Greeter is designed to match a friendly, enthusiastic, and city knowledgeable local with a visitor for a two - four hour FREE informal, insider orientation to Chicago's sights. Through the Chicago Greeter service, visitors meet with a greeter who takes them around the city and demonstrates its walk-ability and the user-friendliness of its public transportation system.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and two teen sons met with our Greeter for a tour. When we booked, we requested the area around Millenium Park and the Loop. It was such a treat for me to have someone who knows the city well, lead us to see the highlights downtown. It was also a treat to learn so much about the history and architecture. A huge "thankyou" to our Greeter- Nancy for her energy and for sharing her time with us.
We packed alot of things into our visit and the tour with our Chicago Greeter was excellent. I wish other cities that we have visited had a Greeter Program like this.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,927)

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was my first time in Chicago and was recommended the Chicago Greeter by a friend. It was a fantastic way to obtain a feeling for the city and its history as well as experience Chicago from a 'locals' point of view. My greeter - James - was fanastic and showed me a Chicago that I would not have experienced (History, Architecture, Neighbourhoods, etc) - we could have spent the whole day - but the 4 hours was great. Well Done Chicago Greeters.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Chicago Greeter program is fantastic! We met Larry (the BEST tour guid) at the Cultural Center and the fun started from the first minute. Prior to the trip, we were able to customize our tour and the rest was taken care of by Larry. 2 thumbs up!

Thanks Larry!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

As a first-time visitor to Chicago I can't recommend the Chicago Greeter service highly enough. We met Bernhard on our first morning in the city and spent the next four hours being enlightened by all the wonderful architecture, public art, parks, etc. Chicago has to offer. But the best bit about our experience with Bernhard was the hidden gems he took us to see, stuff only locals known where to find. Bernhard was interesting, informative, warm, everything you'd want a tour guide to be, although it didn't really feel like we were on a tour, more like being shown around by an old friend. If you're coming to visit Chicago book a Greeter, you won't regret it.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I found Chicago Greeters through Trip Advisor. I couldn't believe that it was free... I scheduled a tour of the Gold Coast and Old Town. Our greeter, Larry, contacted me via e-mail and we set a time to meet. He met us at our hotel because we were staying in the Gold Coast. We sat down in the hotel lobby and he give us a quick history of the neighborhoods we were going to visit. Larry was very knowledgable. We "toured" for about 4 hrs. The time went by so quickly and we learned so much! When our tour was over, we treated Larry to a much needed cup of coffee. We all sat and chatted about the things we saw and we asked a few more questions... Then he was on his way. By the time our adventure was over, I felt like I had made a great new friend. I would HIGHLY recommand the Chicago Greeters!

Been to Chicago Greeter? Share your experiences!