Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsorange linefree shuttlehour shuttlepark and flyan early flightroom furnishingsshuttle servicelate arrivalnext morningnight managerindoor poolovernight stayfree breakfastfitness roomoutstanding staffquiet hotelafter midnight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I see a lot of mixed emotions for this hotel. I Stay at Marriotts quite often and have quite a sample set to compare hotels and same-brand differences. As all marriotts; FFI meets all the brand standars, Great bed, comfortable, Flat screen tv's with HD, FREE internet that is surprisingly fast with no lag to stream videos, good lighting, two phones in the room (one at the desk and the other at the bed side), never failed with the wake up calls, and available power sockets where i need them. things that go beyond the brand standard is the swimming pool area, the business centre, the great breakfast, and a welcoming lobby with a very professional and friendly staff (free detergent for laundry as well ;) ). Keeping in mind that this is a FFI and not a full service Marriott, i don't see many things that would set the two apart in terms of service and guest appreciation. One of the things i have noticed is that it is often compared to with the FFI and CY at mag mile - the midway area is sure enough not as classy but if you are choosing this location it is probably because of the airport close by, or commute to other cities like indy and suburbs of chicago, or you hate traffic. With the area kept as an exemption, the minute you drive into the compound of the 9 hotels you are in a different world, there are security guards patrolling the area in white fords, there are golf carts that are driving around with engineers, so it feels like you are in a campus with great resources. I actually happened to walk out of the campus, and sure enough it is not as pleasent as the MAG mile, but that comparison is unjust to me, after a 10 min walk, there is a mall with target, walmart, popeyes and other great food options.

of all the FFI's that i have stayed in, this one stands out as it meets all of my requirements (i am also using the TV as an external monitor to my laptop - a feature that is not widely accepted by hotels yet).

The customer service is remarkable, the FD staff is helpful, pleasant, and very professional to know what they are doing.

The overall service, the quality of the room, and the home away from home feeling all get 5*'s from me!

Kudos to the Staff onsite.

Room Tip: Rooms are identical to each other so all rooms will give the same feeling, but if there is something that needs attention, i would bring it up to the hotel staff, i know they go beyond their scope make the guest comforatble.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
SedinaP, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your feedback. Take care!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Got bumped from a flight and they put us up at the Fairfield. From our greeting on arrival until our early flight the next morning it was a great experience. When we left for dinner the young lady at the front desk checked with us to make sure we did not need anything and that everything in our room was ok. The next morning we were leaving before the young lady in the breakfast room had finished putting our all the food for the 6:30am breakfast, she made sure that we were able to get something to eat before we left. She did not have to do this, but she was gracious enough to care that we had a bit to eat before we left. The lady at the front desk ask where we were from and related her visit to our home town. We were only there over night but we were made to feel welcome and that goes a long ways.
The rooms and public area were clean. The toilet is loud as stated in other reviews. The bathroom could use more lighting, seem dim. Being near the airport, you hear very little airport noise. Good shuttle service which run 24 hours a day every 20 minutes. If we're ever in that area again we will make sure we stay at the Fairfield airport. By the way where the hotel is located it is a fairly new hotel center with many other hotels and a Friday's and Starbucks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed here last year and eventho others were charging parking fee Fairfield did not. But just another way to milk the public. This is an open parking so I dont understand the fee. The hotel is nice and staff is very helpful and friendly. We were placed in a handicap room where the sink was like a small bowl with hardly enough room for toiletries (did not know why we were placed there?). Breakfast was nice but I think I will look in the area for other hotels before I return to this comlex with a parking fee, other than making money this makes no sense.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Chicago Midway Airport for 2 nights for Chicago sightseeing. It is located within one mile from Chicago Midway airport (MDW) with frequent airport shuttle facility. Despite being close to the airport, you dont get any airplavne noise. The complementary breakfast is decent - service at this restuarant which opens only for breakfast is excellent though. Even front office staff are courteous and ever ready to help. Felt very satisfied as we got best value for money!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Good hotel and good staff. Hotel was close to Midway airport and to the different places that we needed to visit while in the city. Major concerns were noise levels. I expected to hear noise from the airplanes but I didn't expect to be able to hear everything that was going on in the next room. When I say you could hear everything I mean you could hear everything. When we checked in I couldn't believe it when I was told that it would cost me $13 a day to park our rental vehicle there. Now we aren't talking about some fancy covered parking lot. We are talking about just a plain lot like the one you would see outside of any type of resturant or store. If you came there to eat at one of the resturants it was free parking but if you spent the night it was $13 per day. The breakfast was okay if you were in a hurry but I would recommend going out to eat. Only 1 computer in the lobby and no privacy while using it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family