University Club of Chicago
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Chicago
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown(Chicago)
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsguest roomsmillennium parkcocktail partyworkout facilitiespublic areas arelake michiganlocation is idealthe beandowntown hotelearly checkweddingfloorsoapselevatorrefrigeratoraccommodationsblock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was in a wedding here so I am not sure what the hotel is like but I can say the food they served was great, although it was lunch, It was also beautiful with all the stained glass windows, it looked like a castle. If you are into modern buildings it probably won't be your thing.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed at the University Club while travelling on business in April 2014. For a downtown hotel, my room was surprisingly large and roomy! I had a great view out of my bay window onto Michigan Avenue and the Art Institute. The room was clean and updated and the bed was really comfortable. The only negatives were the noise outside from the elevated subway one block away and that there wasn't a coffee maker in the room. The University Club tries to solve this by serving coffee every morning in the common area on each floor, but it would have been more convenient to have a Keurig or small coffee maker in the room. The service was excellent during my stay. Everyone was friendly, especially the housekeeping staff on my floor. The food was delicious, the building is a must-see, and the Club is in a very central location, perfect for business and a little sight-seeing on the side! Looking forward to my next trip to Chicago so I can stay at the University Club again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sugarpug
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We recently stayed at the University Club. The staff is uniformly friendly and helpful, the clubhouse is beautiful, the food is great, and the athletic facilities are top notch compared with what one usually finds at a hotel. It is a non-tipping club too and that was a nice feature.

The University Club has the most unbelievable location both in terms of the view and for the location close to public transportation and the sights we wanted to visit in the city.

We were in one of the small windowless inner rooms, and it was an incredible value. It was also very quiet. The room was well appointed and the bathroom was magnificent. In any event we rarely were in the room except to sleep as the library and other public areas are so pleasant and comfortable. We had breakfasts at the club each day as well as one dinner in the Cathedral Room which was a memorable experience.

We noticed that the menus in the restaurants featured healthy selections which were low-fat and had remarkably little salt in them. The Cathedral Room has a terrific wine list.

Our room was clean as were the other public spaces. The housekeeping staff were top notch.

The wifi signal was weak in the guest rooms but we got a really hot connection in the library, and as it was cold and snowy outside it was worth it to work in the library by the fire in a big leather chair with your feet up on the ottoman. We also found the library to have a great collection of printed books and magazines.

The dress code is actually very similar to that of our own club, which has a reciprocal membership arrangement with the University Club.

All in all, a memorable experience and we will certainly stay here again when we are next in Chicago.

Room Tip: The rooms on the inner courtyard are windowless but an excellent value and very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaulFromMbro
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference and had a street facing room on the fourth floor.

The room was large with a big screen TV and a king sized bed. Robes were furnished and the temperature controls worked fine, although the air conditioning had been turned off.

You can learn a lot from reading the reviews written by others. I thought it was a nice place to stay. Close to the park and yacht basin.

There is a dress code and the conference rooms have incredible art and architecture.

Everyone was very nice and accommodating.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

The University Club is the best venue I have ever visited for a wedding reception.
The decor is awesome! It looks like the interior of a castle. Food is excellent, so is the service!
I would recommend anyone who is invited to an event here to attend.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends