“I really loved our stay at Crowne Plaza Chicago - The Metro.”

Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop
Ranked #94 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I really loved our stay at Crowne Plaza Chicago - The Metro. The accommodations were luxurious for the price we paid, we enjoyed the hotel bar, the staff was very courteous and helpful. It took maybe 5 minutes to check in and check out. The valet was very nice. The lady at the front desk answered my questions. We purchased the groupon for the king executive suite, my boyfriend and I stayed in the bedroom and his brother stayed on the pull out in the living area. It was more than enough room for the three of us, and it was great to have two tvs. The groupon included valet, which made this a steal. We also had free wireless internet. My one issue was that there was no microwave or fridge. I've never stayed in a suite without one or both, and when I inquired, they told me they could provide them for $25 each. Not sure if this was per night or per stay, but I found that to be an outrageous price for the express purpose of trying to save money by eating in the room. Nevertheless, this did not cause too much trouble, we packed a cooler for drinks and lunch meat, and that sufficed for times we got hungry but did not want to go out. All in all, for the location and the price (groupon) I would absolutely stay again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the city and not the highway. Pack a cooler if you want to keep perishable...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank brittanylarry
AGMCrowneMetro, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Chicago – The Metro. We are so delighted that you took time out from your busy schedule to write this awesome review. We appreciate all the kind words about the rooms, valet parking, and our staff. After reading you review, and discussing it with our team, the hotel will no longer be charging guests for microwaves and refrigerators. We would not like our guests to have to bring their own coolers to avoid a charge. Our team hopes that this meets yours and many others expectations moving forward. We appreciate the feedback and helping us have a better understanding our guest needs and expectations. If your travels find you back in downtown Chicago, give us call!

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Everything looked good starting from service desk to valet parking till we we found a problem in the bathroom door.
My 5 years old daughter stuck in the bathroom when sliding door slipped away from its hinges. Not too bad..things happens once in a while and someone came and fixed the door.
The moment door guy left, my wife entered into the bathroom and now she got stuck....not good.
Called front desk again and we had to wait for about 10-15 minutes before the same guy arrived and fixed it permanently.
I was not happy with the 2nd incident and the they handled it in the first time..specially in a hotel of that status and which costs more than $150 for one Sunday night's stay.

Positive side of the hotel is location. Its way from all noise and traffic but not too way from all the downtown attractions.
Rooms are quite clean and specious with a nice balcony.
Liked the friendliness of the valet guy...

3 stars only for the those unexpected issues.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Norm T, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to share your comments on trip advisor. It's always a delight to hear feedback from our guests. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had with your bathroom door during your stay with us and have followed up accordingly in order to avoid this type of situation going forward. We really appreciate your compliments on our location, cleanliness and service. We hope to welcome you back soon. Regards

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The other recent reviews are correct, the staff are nothing to speak about. The room was very nice, it could have been bigger but it was clean and very comfortable. Check-in was hard work and so was check out. The parking is valet without a smile. I didn't see any advantages with the location, I felt that I overpaid for my stay and I don't anticipate ever staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Norm T, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear guest,
I just wanted to thank you for rating and commenting on your recent stay with us. My team and I always strive to give the service our guests expect and deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the service we give our guests and the product we deliver to them. I want to personally apologize that you did not find your overall stay to be an excellent experience. Your check in and check out should be hassle free and for that we are sorry. We should always be greeting our guests with a smile. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will give us another chance in the future. If there is anything I can do for you please contact me at 312-602-2132.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My son and I were at the Crowne Plaza Metro - Chicago this past week, attending the Oprah Winfrey #Lifeclass - What excitement - We love the Crowne Plaza - Great Service - Conveniently located - Check them out! Thumbs up - Kudos to Mr. Aspin who provided excellent service with an added touch of class! Staff was very pleasant, with greeting and door service! Go Crowne Plaza - Keep Rocking Great Service!

My son and I were at the Crowne Plaza Metro - Chicago this past week, attending the Oprah Winfrey #Lifeclass - What excitement - We love the Crowne Plaza - Great Service - Conveniently located - Check them out! Thumbs up - Kudos to Mr. Aspin who provided excellent service with an added touch of class! Staff were very pleasant, with greeting and door service! Go Crowne Plaza - Keep Rocking Great Service!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
AGMCrowneMetro, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Chicago – The Metro. I am so glad that we could help create such a great experience for and your son. I hope you enjoyed the Oprah Winfrey # Lifeclass. On behalf of the entire team thank you so much for the kind words about the staff and the service we provide, particularly Aspian. The next time you come to Chicago hopefully you stay with us. We will “Keep Rocking Great Service” for you.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been staying here for 8 weeks now for work. Bellhop (only one out of 3 folks) is the only one that has a reasonable attitude. Staff are very indifferent, they never say Hi or welcome you to the hotel.
I like the new look in the rooms, beds, reading lights on top of the bed, bathrooms, steady water in bathroom, no issues with warm water. The only problem I have is reaching to a power point from the bed, there is no socket unless you are in a 2 beds in a room where one bed is next to office table. Heating control sucks, I sleep with the balcony door open a few inches(yes in this weather) . I put the system setting at 65 in every room I stayed for 8 weeks and it does not come down to anything less than 69. I asked for service and they are not of much help.
I sent a review a few weeks ago to the hotel and no response from the manager.
This is probably a franchise hotel and they don't care about the hotel ratings and they still make money as they are in a good location.
I like the Location as it is close to a walgreens, freeway, downtown offices (3 blocks), pharmacy, grocery store, etc.,
I have to stay here as my client has a relationship with them if not I would find another hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
AGMCrowneMetro, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you have not had a great experience at our hotel. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I truly apologize on behalf of the entire team for not having your heating concerns taken care of. I have informed our Engineering team for immediate action. The next time you come to Chicago please contact me directly at 312-602-2132, as I would like the opportunity to help you with your reservations personally. The General Manager and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Metro when you arrive.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

They will not get your bill right, the staff does not act like you are even there. The rooms are clean. The prices are high in the restaurant and bar. This is my 3 stay here always was willing to give another chance but I am done with this hotel will look for different place next time in town.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
AGMCrowneMetro, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I truly apologize on behalf of the entire team for not having your bill correct for you. We have taken the step to correct the charges for you and you should see the full refund on your credit card in 3 to 5 business days. We do appreciate taking the time to comment about how clean are rooms are. If there is anything else we could do to help you, please contact me directly at 312-602-2132. I hope you still give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

First off-a big THANK YOU to the front desk personnel who I spoke with earlier today-Josh-for possibly the friendliest and most on-point service I have received. He was so gracious and super efficient, and I am very grateful especially given the circumstances. My boyfriend was on a business trip and all I knew was which hotel he was staying at. I wanted to plan a special surprise for him who I knew was quite exhausted and still jet-lagged from his business trip, and so I called the front desk to set up something thoughtful for him. In addition to Josh, I also ended up speaking with several other employees and was pleasantly surprised by how helpful everyone seemed to be-which was quite a relief considering that I was making an international call and wanted to keep my call as brief as possible. Long story short, boyfriend was happy, I was happy. All in all, I recommend this hotel for its spectacular service with a truly personal, heartfelt touch. Thank you!!

2  Thank purposefulwanderings
AGMCrowneMetro, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of Crowne Plaza Chicago – The Metro. We appreciate your kind words about our staff, especially Josh. He is outstanding associate on our team. I am glad to see that Josh and our team could help make your boyfriends stay a happy one. We hope to serve you again in the future.