My husband and I stayed at Crowne Plaza Metro hotel the Chicago Marathon weekend (Oct 6-7, 2007) and loved our stay. I booked through a travel company for a package deal - marathon entry and hotel. It was not my first pick because of the location being west of highway 94, but it was all that was available and it turned out great. Taxi's were always available outside the hotel. We spent $35 on taxi's in two days, which normally we would spend only $10 on a Visitors CTA pass.
The hotel is located right off the highway which was super convenient. Despite being next to the highway, I found the room was quiet. In fact, it's quieter than staying in the loop. Any other hotel I have stayed at in Chicago I've been woken up to sirens in the middle of the night, but not here. The highway was just a dull hum. Plus I never heard a door slam, another TV, phone or person, nothing. I never ran into anyone in the hallway. It is quiet.
Walgreens drug store and Dominics grocery store were right next door. Greektown was a great place to eat and only a two block walk.
The room was very nice and recently updated as everything in it seemed new. There's a nice size bathroom (good water pressure) and balcony. Loved the beds, pillows, and linens - very comfortable. At $252/night we about got what we paid for. For that price and location, breakfast should have been included and there should have been robes, slippers, chocolates & wine. Which is what you get for that price in NYC at the Fitzpatrick Hotel.
The only negatives were: 1. overnight parking cost of $35/night. 2. the doorman told us he was required to take our bags up, which I thought was a lie to get a tip. Even if it is a rule, I feel we are capable of carrying our own bags (my husband is built like a linebacker and I'm a marathon runner). 3. we ordered dinner in from a local Italian restaurant and it was very difficult to eat in the room without a table. 4. I didn't like that they made a carbon copy of my credit card. When I asked about it, the desk clerk said it would go up to accounting. I asked for how long, and he of course didn't have the answer to that and I didn't want to argue about it. I didn't think anyone made carbon copies any more.
We liked our stay. It really was comfortable and enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Crowne Plaza West Loop. Crowne Plaza West Loop, the closest hotel to the United Center, is a winning choice for your lodging needs. Nestled in the shadow of the Willis Tower, the Crowne Plaza West Loop is centrally located to many of Chicago's finest attractions. Just blocks from the Loop, and Michigan Ave./Magnificent Mile shopping, Adler Planetarium, Art Institute of Chicago and Navy Pier are located a short distance away. From its brilliantly designed architecture, sleek modern interiors, masterfully appointed guest rooms and numerous amenities, the Crowne Plaza West Loop is the perfect choice for the discerning traveler. Experience our highly acclaimed restaurant Dine, with eclectic cuisine to fit every palate served in a charming retro diner atmosphere with an upbeat contemporary style. Our event space and outstanding service make Crowne Plaza West Loop The Place to Meet. Our Crowne Meetings Director coordinates every detail of your event, making us the favorite for wedding, conference, banquet and meeting planners. The Crowne Plaza West Loop is everything you expect, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chicago - The Metro Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro