“Native Chicagoan begging you to go elsewhere for deep dish”
Review of Giordano's

Giordano's
Ranked #198 of 10,814 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lake View
Description: Famous Chicago-style deep dish pizza right in your neighborhood. Visit us for a family-friendly atmosphere and delicious food or order your meal online for pickup or delivery.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Dear fellow travelers, I live in Chicago and I hope that you believe me when I say I know deep dish pizza. ;) Out of all Chicago deep dish pizza places, I think this my least favorite. The sauce is nice and zesty, but the cheese is okay and the crust sucks. If you are looking for authentic deep dish pizza that is delicious... I recommend Unos, Dues, or Lou Malnati's. And if there is a franchised Unos in your town... no it is not the same! They use a different recipe than your hometown version- and yes Chi-towns is better! PS many hotel concierges near Giordanos get kick backs from their referrals.

Date of visit: August 2012
1  Thank 842daniellek

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We order the Giordano's special deep dish and it was awesome. I stuffed myself and they kids loved their meals too.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had the chop salad and stuffed pizza with pepperoni and black olives for lunch, very yummy. Waiter was friendly. Definitely will return

Reviewed April 6, 2013

They don't take reservations for less than 20. We called ahead and the guy said "we can take 14, come on". When we got there they told us that they didn't have room fo us, as we turned to leave, one of their parties was finished so they decided to accomodate us. After telling the waiter that we had an 8 o' clock show to go to, he told us that we would have time, so we ordered and then he told us it would be 40 minutes. After getting seated at a table with a long booth, and pizza plates that were risen off of the tablethe waitress came out and told us that our pizzas wouldnt be ready until 8.I told her that we had a show to get to, so she went back and got the pizzas. Instead of using the pizza plates that were on the table, the staff put the pizzas on a table and we all had to scoot out from the booth to get our food. We had to inhale it. The only person in the place that seemed to want to help us out, was the waitress. I would have been fine if they had told us that they didn't think they would be able to help us on the phone, but to drive there after being told that we should "Come on", then to be turned away, then to have the order taken and then wait 40 minutes, then tell us our order was goint to be even later, then put the pizza in a different place....well, it was too much. As for the pizza...very good. I was not impressed with anything else.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I found this location to be very disappointing. I love Giordanos pizza but the service here was so bad that I never want to step into any giordanos ever again.