“Great brekky or lunch”

Ranked #58 of 11,265 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Description: Yolk is a breakfast & lunch restaurant. We use top quality ingredients & fresh produce to serve the best breakfast in Chicago! (BYOB)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Since we are staying right around the corner, we've made this our go-to late morning brunch spot during our visit to Chicago. Generally a great place: super-nice staff, imaginative and varied menu. Must recommend the Avocado Toast with smoked salmon; any of the omelets; the Breakfast Mac & Cheese (trust me, it's great!) And the excellent coffee & lattes. But skip the pancakes, which seem doughy and a bit undercooked.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,633)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at hotel next door to this cafe on Michigan avenue. Popped in for breakfast. So much to choose from. Healthy right up to dieters nightmare! If you can’t get breakfast here you can’t get it anywhere. Enjoyed my crepes filled with egg, avocados and mushrooms with s bowl of berries. Delicious.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having not yet acclimatised to USA time I had breakfast here at 6.00am. There were 2 people eating. The service was "matter of fact" being efficient & polite. The portions were massive by UK standards to the extent that when I showed a photo of my breakfast to a friend, she said I should have ordered just one breakfast not two. I told her I did order just one breakfast!! The food was of good quality with plenty of coffee and water. Price was reasonable by UK standards and less expensive and a better deal than Manhattan New York. Would certainly eat here again if I return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I came here with my husband and daughter for a good breakfast, but it ended up being everything but that. We received our meals and the gravy was burnt. A few bites in and we were approached by what appeared to be a homeless woman asking us to buy her a sandwich. We were completely caught off guard at her request. My husband had no clue how to respond so he asked her how much it was and she replied with “well I don’t know”, like she was expecting us to buy her a sandwich at this pricey place. I told my husband to tell her no so he did. We saw her approach a few more customers and watched the staff just watch her do it and not say anything. Our breakfast was ruined. Completely unbelievable that they let a homeless person walk in a restaurant and ask for people to buy her a meal.

Date of visit: September 2019
Gianluca P, Guest Relations Manager at Yolk - South Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Brianna. I'm very sorry to hear that your meal was ruined by this experience. Please know that we do not knowing allow any form of solicitation in any of our restaurants. I can also assure that if our staff had noticed we would have asked this person to leave promptly. While we do our best to make sure that no one's experience is ruined by solicitors, sometimes people make their way into the restaurant without us noticing.

Were you able to speak to the server or the manager about your experience? Please let us know at info@eatyolk.com. Thanks so much for your feedback and your understanding. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I found this place over rated. It is just so packed! Food is OK but really, quantity over quality. This is like a factory, so crowded ! Kitchen is not really clean, towels on the floor, etc.
Really there are better places than a factory for a lovely breakfast !

Date of visit: September 2019

Been to Yolk - South Loop? Share your experiences!