“Great brunch spot”

Ranked #25 of 9,802 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Description: Yolk is a breakfast & lunch restaurant. We use top quality ingredients & fresh produce to serve the best breakfast in Chicago! (BYOB)
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Yolk was half way between our hotel and the Planetarium so we stopped by for brunch. We were not disappointed. The place has an updated diner vibe which I enjoyed. The food was very good and exactly what we were looking for at the time. I would go back next time I'm in Chicago.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stopped in to the Yolk location on Michigan Avenue before heading home from Chicago, and unfortunately it was the low light of all of the restaurants we tried in a week in Chicago.

I ordered a BLT, which had 3 crumbled pieces of bacon on it, one hard pink tomato, and oversized chunks of avocado that just kept falling out of the sandwich. I ended up eating it with a fork. Fries were soft and cold and looked like they were the Cisco stuff served everywhere. A companion ordered a breakfast of a half-waffle, egg and sausage, which appeared quite a bit better than what I had, but is pretty standard fare in any breakfast place.

You can save a little money coming here, but with all of the truly great options in Chicago, it is not worth an extra stop.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Our hotel was only a few blocks away and this is highly reviewed here on tripadvisor so it was a no-brainer to try it. Definitely lived up the hype. Huge selection of delicious-sounding omelettes, skillets, & various other breakfast items. I had the Big Easy which was good and my pancakes that came with it were fluffishy-delicious. Even the place itself has a bright, vibrant (ok quirky) color scheme to help start your day off in a good mood. Check it out

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Everytime im in Chicago i gotta go to Yolks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i gotta have breakfast there. So i woke up on my last morning in Chicago and got dressed and made it to Yolks!!! last year i went on the weekend and it was crazy packed standing room only that was a Saturday late morning. This time i went and it was a Monday Morning. Plenty of seats although they were still busy! ... I wanted a BIG BREAKFAST!!! I CAME HUNGRY LOL!!!! I ordered the red velvet french toast with cheese eggs 2 jumbo sausage links, 2 slices of bacon, and a raspberry lemonade!!!! ... my order came right up in less than 12 minutes!!!!! i was soooo excited!!!!! the red velvet french toast was toped with whip cream and strawberries!!!! MMMMMMMM!!! I added syrup on mine!!!! ...YESSSS MY WHOLE MEAL WAS DELISH!!!!! YOU GOTTA TRY IT!!!!! ... Every time i go to CHICAGO i gotta stop at YOLKS!!!! ITS A MUST!!! BIG MEN BIG BREAKFAST!!!!! AWESOME LARGE PORTIONS!!!!! YOUR GONNA LOVE IT!!!!!

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We ate here twice while in Chicago because so much on the menu looked great! Crepes were awesome also the corned beef hash w eggs over it!

Been to Yolk? Share your experiences!