“Great reviews, great location”
Review of Yolk

Yolk
Ranked #29 of 9,668 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Description: Yolk is a breakfast & lunch restaurant. We use top quality ingredients & fresh produce to serve the best breakfast in Chicago! (BYOB)
Austin, Texas
“Great reviews, great location”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went based on reviews and location and it was as good as everyone says. We went for breakfast. The portions were huge, we wished we would have split a plate..we were vacationing, but definately would return.

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, OH
“Best Breakfast---and close to Segway tour”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We discovered this place 'by accident'. We were in a taxi to a City Segway tour (a MUST!) and the taxi driver recommended it. The food was AWESOME. 2 adults and a 18-year-old boy had a 'skillet egg' mixture (with multiple meats), a huge waffle and a "Farmboy" breakfast (something like that). Also the service was FAST and Friendly. It made for an awesome start to our 3-hour Segway tour (see my other review on City Segway Tours). Also we all got t-shirts---really nice black ones with a cool 'eggyolk' design---a deal at $10 each---and something you won't see everyone else wearing!

Savannah, Georgia
“One of the best restaurant breakfasts I've had”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Usually, I feel ripped off when it comes to breakfast. It always seems so expensive when it's just *breakfast*. But not at Yolk. The portions are very generous. The food is delicious. We had leftover french toast and I took it with us in a to go box for later and my 2 picky boys ate it cold with no syrup and declared it fantastic. I really loved it and would have visited for breakfast again if we'd had another day in Chicago. The service was friendly and there's a nice view of Grant Park if you sit in front by the windows. My entire family really enjoyed our meals.

Tamarac, Florida
“All these reviewers can't be wrong. And they aren't!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This place was voted best breakfast in Chicago and there is no dispute. The pancakes are tremendous and I've never had crepes like these. My only regret is they ran out of the carrot cake pancakes both days I was there. The fritatta is huge which can easily be shared by two. You cant miss here.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Delicious Food and Good Service”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My daughter and I ate here twice during our stay in Chicago. The food was excellent and the service was very good. I had the french toast with strawberries which was delicious and my daughter had the pancakes which she said was the best she ever had. My only complaint was the coffee: it was to strong and bitter. I would definitely come back here again.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Yolk? Share your experiences!