“Great Breakfast”

Ranked #47 of 9,929 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Description: Yolk is a breakfast & lunch restaurant. We use top quality ingredients & fresh produce to serve the best breakfast in Chicago! (BYOB)
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Found this "Gem" while looking for a place in south Chicago. what a delight. Menu was exceptional for breakfast. Multiple choices - even with several choices for a vegetarian friend. Service was prompt - serving staff noted to help one another. Food servings were generous - to say the least. Pricing more than reasonable considering the service and the generous servings. We will return!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,398)

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I went to Yolk before a Bears game at Soldier Field and apparently everyone had the same thought but surprisingly the wait was shorter than we anticipated and we were seated right away. The coffee was great; I ordered the eggs benedict and they were delicious. My husband had regular scrambled eggs bacon, sausage with toast and a side of fruit and he was satisfied with it. The staff was super attentive even as busy as it was getting and we certainly enjoyed the food here! Highly recommend this place to everyone who comes to Chicago!

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

The food is great (both in terms of quality and quantity). My friends and I ordered a few different things from crepes to scrambled eggs and they are all amazing! The crepe has perfect taste- a bit sweet but not too sweet.

The sidedish pancake is huge. Don't eat too much of those or you may not be able to finish the main dish. The staff is amazing. Jose was serving our table. I am surprised to see him carrying so many heavy plates on one hand.

We visited Yolk again the day after but this time a little bit later at around 10:30 am and the queue is really long. You should arrive really early if you do not want to wait.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The coffee was delicious and hot. The food came amazingly swiftly, given the size of the menu and restaurant (which was nearly full at 7:30 am on a Sunday. The fresh fruit was flavorful, which is definitely not always the case. I had challah french toast, my husband had a sausage and egg scramble. My dish was very well prepared, my husband's was a little heavy on the sausage for my taste, but he ate it all. Decor is bright and clean. Small downside is the little round cups of various creamer products rather than actual milk on the table. That surprised me for a place that specializes in breakfast. Our server checked in quickly and was fast with the beverage refills.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

fantastic place to have breakfasts! introduced my sister, niece and brother-in-law to Yolk and they loved it! They went back the next day to the other Yolk location downtown!
The French toasts are delicious and their omelettes with chorizo and avocado are super too!

Tried to go back just 3 days ago on Sunday morning but there was a long line of people waiting to get in :(

But if you have the chance to go to Chicago be sure to stop by this restaurant!

Been to Yolk? Share your experiences!