“Satisfying”

Ranked #26 of 9,548 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Description: Yolk is a breakfast & lunch restaurant. We use top quality ingredients & fresh produce to serve the best breakfast in Chicago! (BYOB)
San Antonio, Texas
“Satisfying”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

A friend born and raised in Chicago recommended this place for breakfast. I read about long waits, but we showed up on a Friday at 10:30 and had no problem. Our waitress (Jacqueline) was very friendly and made great recommendations (menu is HUGE) and she was always on it with refills. I picked the original eggs benedict, and hubs ordered the chorizo version. The food came out quickly and the portions are huge! I've never seen such a big perfect poached egg! We both loved ours and were stuffed. We also shared the oatmeal with bananas and raisens, also great. Would recommend this to fellow visitors.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
“Awesome breakfast options”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is the perfect spot for breakfast lovers like myself. My husband and I ate here on a Thursday morning- we arrived at 8:45 and were seated immediately. Service was good. Food was great. We shared a garden delight omelet with potatoes and toast and the fruit & nut multigrain pancakes. Everything was delicious and the portions were huge! We couldn't even finish everything. The menu is extensive- wish we could have gone a second time to try something else! This was definitely worth the 10-15 min walk in the wind/cold we took from where we parked at Soldier Field.

Urbana, Illinois
“Heavan for Breakfast Lovers”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

For breakfast lovers, this place is a must stop on your Chicago visit. We were originally looking for a whole in the wall, local cafe, but was not disappointed even in their modern twist on a diner. The amount of menu choices was staggering, but did not sacrifice quality for quantity. The food was amazing. I will be visiting here again!

Visited April 2013
San Jose
“Good food and friendly, attentive wait staff”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Since it's very cold, windy and starting to snow, I'm feeling lucky to be staying right next to Yolk on South Michigan Ave, a favorite breakfast spot that is jam packed on the weekends. The menu is extensive (6 kinds of french toast, many kinds of pancakes, crepes and benedicts, fresh squeezed orange or strawberry-orange juice) and the food is really good. I've eaten there twice this week and enjoyed exceptional service both times. Check it out (preferrably on a weekday when there's no wait), I bet you'll like it!

Visited April 2013
Raleigh, NC
“great brunch at Yolk”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great breakfast menu, incredible portions, friendly service and cheery bright yellow decor. I can vouch for the pot roast benedict, with skillet potatoes and a side of fresh fruit. If you aren't a big eater, consider sharing an order. We were in and out quickly on a bustling weekday morning.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Yolk? Share your experiences!