“Best location”

Ranked #92 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Indaiatuba, SP
“Best location”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Friendly staff. They are always ready to help you.
Good restaurant options around the hotel.
You can go on foot to Michigan Avenue, museum and the lake.
The room has brand new furniture, nice TV.
Fantastic architecture.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Hello Josroch,
Thank you for writing a review for the Ivy Hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had such a welcoming experience at our hotel. We are very proud of our location and modern, yet comfortable atmosphere, and are glad that you appreciated it as well. We hope to see you again soon.

General Manager – Ivy Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I am a Chicago resident and recently had a pipe burst in my condo unit; the repairs displaced me from my home for approximately 2 weeks. I contacted the Ivy Boutique Hotel and they were immediately receptive to booking me in a King Suite, the accomodations for which were spacious and luxurious. The hotel has a very nice boutique feel, with personalized service and attention to details. The lobby bar is quaint and intimate and the rooftop lounge has sweeping views of the city. I would definitely stay here again and was wishing I had more time there!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Hello Christin L,
We are so glad that we were able to assist you during that time. Being displaced from your home like that can be a stressful situation, we were happy to try and alleviate some of that stress for you during your stay. Thank you for taking time to write a review on behalf of the Ivy Hotel, and hopefully your next stay will be for pleasure and fun! Have a great day, and we hope to see you again soon.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed here just 1 night for my husbands birthday. We live in Chicago but were spending the whole day downtown and thought it would be fun and nice to be able to sleep downtown. It was so nice!
The location of this hotel is great - really. So close to Navy Pier, State Street, lots of shopping, and the EL.
It's a nice hotel, not pretentious, it's clean, the staff were friendly and you get cookies at turndown!
This is a smaller (not very tall) hotel - hence "boutique" - so there really aren't any views. At least not in our room (though we could see the top of the Trump Tower!).

Overall - I think this place is reasonably priced and a nice, more low key, option.

Also - go to the Sake bar that's right next door (it's great!)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alex M
Hello Alex M,
Thank you for writing a review for the Ivy Hotel. We are glad you chose our property to celebrate your husband’s birthday! We have 16 floors in total, and can offer street facing views when available, but try to make up for that with our spacious rooms and quality of service! Again, thank you for choosing the Ivy Hotel, and we hope to see you again soon.

Flossmoor, Illinois
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We just stayed one night for a little husband and wife getaway. The rooms are very contemporary but comfortable. Also, they were amazingly quiet considering the busy street down below. I loved the TV in the bathroom mirror! You cannot beat this location-it is right off Michigan Ave.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a king suite which was exceptionally roomy!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello SanD618,
Thank you for taking time to write a review for the Ivy Hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We strive to have a luxurious property with an “at home” atmosphere, and from your review it sounds like we are meeting our goal. Again, thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again soon!

General Manager – Ivy Boutique Hotel
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Combining business with pleasure, my spouse and I opted to stay for 2 nights at the Ivy. We were in town primarily to visit family, but also needed to be centrally located for a meeting. The Ivy is very conveniently located, within walking distance of all Chicago's downtown attractions.

As others have noted, the rooms are of modern, chic design. Our room on the 7th floor had no view, but was elegantly appointed. The bed was very comfortable, with superior linens. The bathroom had a beautiful stand-alone shower, with both a rain-head shower, and a hand shower. There was a Keurig coffee maker, with k-cups, along with sundry items for purchase in the minibar.

Very minor quibbles: our bed was a platform bed, where the platform projected out from the mattress about 6 inches, and we both "barked" our shins multiple times on it. Perhaps as the room is irregularly shaped (ie, not a perfect rectangle) this might be an issue with just this room, as I never saw into any other room to notice whether another bed might be located in close proximity to other furniture.
Another minor negative observation is that some of the surfaces are not finished well. For example, there is some kind of a service panel on the ceiling in the bedroom with chipped paint around it. Also, one corner of that shin-bruising platform bed seems to be repaired with packaging tape.
As mentioned, these are very nitpicky observations, but they do affect the overall impression of the experience. On the whole, we were very pleased with the room, and the hotel generally.

Our reception was very welcoming - the staff were invariably pleasant and helpful!

We would happily stay here again, and would encourage others seeking a nice splurge.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Hello Catisha,
Thank you for taking time to write a review on behalf of the Ivy Hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay overall and the location worked out so well for you. We do have the platform beds in all of our guest rooms, and have had guests mention bumping their shins and knees before, so we do apologize for that inconvenience. However, I hope that everything else made your stay enjoyable and that you plan to stay with us again in the future while visiting Chicago. We appreciate your business and your support by writing a review. Thank you and enjoy your day.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We just finished a 3 night stay at the Ivy and it was one of the better hotel experiences I've had in awhile. I got a deal for a 675 sqft king room, and it was the perfect size for my wife and 1yr old daughter with her crib being in the next room. While there's no door separating the other room , it was separate enough for us to have some personal space for my wife and I.

LOCATION - I prefer staying on the Mag Mile, and this hotel is the goldilocks of locations. Not too far south, not too far north but just right in the heart of the Mag Mile, and close to everything.

ROOM - We scored a great deal for a king room with about 675 sqft of space. There's a front area near the bathroom, then the bedroom, them the living room area with a sectional and an armchair and a full desk. One of the largest room I've had the pleasure of straying in for hotel. The bathroom has double sinks and a separate bathtub and shower. The shower is fantastic. Rain showerhead above and a hand wand as well. Lots of space foe my wife and I. The rooms were well insulated too in terms of noise, so really no need for ear plugs at night for light sleepers I like myself. Oh and there were 3 TVs in the room, including one in the bathroom!

SERVICE - I never expect too much in terms of customer service when I stay at a boutique hotel, but Ivy nevertheless impressed. Turn down service was good, and was completed more than once a day I believe, and the staff were helpful with whatever I had approached them with. Valet is about $48/day which is very reasonable given the city and the other hotels in the area. Looking back I'd opt out and save myself $15/day and park about 50 feet away at the self park.

AMENITIES - unfortunately I didn't get a chance to check out the rooftop patio which looks pretty slick in the photos. I believe there's a fitness room as well.

Overall I highly recommend this hotel. Great stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hello TH3R,
Thank you for taking time to write such a positive review for the Ivy Hotel. We take pride in our large guest rooms, and try to do little things to set our hotel/service apart from its competition. For example, our turndown service and spacious and relaxing bathrooms are just some of the things that we believe help us stand out! Also, we do not have a fitness center in-house, but we are affiliated with Anytime Fitness (open 24 hours) that is located about 4 blocks away on Michigan Ave and Wacker Dr. We appreciate you choosing our property as your hotel accommodation while visiting Chicago, and hope to see you again soon! Hopefully during your next visit you will get to relax and have a drink at the Sky Terrace! Have a great day.

General Manager – Ivy Boutique Hotel
York
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Well located and comfortable hotel. Billed as 5 star, but for those who have stayed in true 5 star hotels it isn't. We had a room on the 4th floor at the back which looked straight into the aircon units of the adjacent building - luckily we didn't spend much time gazing out of the window. Rooms are a good size and the bathroom well equipped - fantastic shower, comfortable bed, etc. Some really nice touches in the room which made it special.

Room Tip: Get a room that isn't low down at the back
Hello Maltonian1,
Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are glad you found your room to be comfortable, and that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities that we offer our guests like our rainfall shower and plush sheets and bedding. Hopefully, next time you stay with us you will be able to stay in one of our street facing rooms to give you a more pleasant view of the city. Again, thank you for taking time to write a review for the Ivy Hotel. We appreciate your support, and hope to see you again soon.