My wife and I stayed at the King Suite at the Ivy for one night. Let me start with the positives:
1. Clean and luxuriously feel room
2. Staff was attentive and friendly
3. Automatic window curtains
4. Bathroom and sitting area were roomy
5. Do not disturb and housekeeping button by the door eliminated door hanger
6. Mini muffins in the morning was a nice touch
7. Wi-Fi access is complementary
Ok...for the negatives:
1. Fitness center (900 N. Michigan) is about 2 blocks west and 7 blocks north of the hotel. It's a nice walk in the summer but in the dead of winter that might be an issue. Ok...the passes are complementary.
2. No shuttle service (Where's the Lexus hybrid Travelzoo and other website rave about?)
3. Operating the elevator to go UP is a little tricky. You have to first scan your keycard then push the floor button. But it took me a couple tries for the elevator to respond.
4. $48 per night plus tip for parking is insane in my opinion. Yes, it's valet. I also know it's Chicago and standard of living is high. But if you are willing to walk that kind of distance to the fitness center, you can sure find a garage for half that per night within walking distance. Do your research so you don't drive around looking for a garage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chicago's newest four star boutique hotel located just steps away from the Magnificent Mile on Michigan Ave, Chicago beaches, Navy Pier, and the restaurants of Streeterville. Experience IVY a Hotel like no other... Look to the IVY as your luxury boutique hotel experience in Chicago... Elegant, sophisticated, stylish, incredibly comfortable and quiet, the IVY is everything you’re looking for. The IVY Hotel offers distinguished and discreet personalized service. You'll find its sleek modern decor refined and understated, complemented by works of fine art from local artists. Each room and suite has been custom designed with functionality in mind. Soaring 16 floors high and with 63 rooms mostly composed of suites with your comfort in mind. Amenities at the IVY positively define luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ivy Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.