“The Best!”

Ivy Boutique Hotel
Ranked #90 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
“The Best!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I am so sad to leave this place tomorrow... I spent 3 Amazing nights here...the suite is spacious, high tech and kept clean, fresh and immaculate all the time. My kids enjoyed it too... The service is 5stars. The staff is very friendly and professional. Whenever I requested something (tooth brush that my kids forgot:) we got several promptly. My husband had some trouble setting up his wifi someone showed up in less than a min and fixed it... Very quite all the time!!!! The location is convenient and we got passes to a fabulous gym.., I can go on and on. I just LOVE this place... Oh I forgot the bed/sheet is so comfy and fresh and you get treats every day.. I will really miss this place...I wish you all the success. You have it all!!! I can not wait until my next visit.
Thank you for your great effort and attention to every detail to offer such a great welcoming stay to your guests.

• Stayed March 2013
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you had such an enjoyable experience with all the amenities we provide within the rooms. Make sure you check out The Sky Terrace will be opening at the beginning of May with a full service bar and a varied appetizer menu to enjoy a wonderful afternoon or a chilled, relaxing night down town.

T. 312.335.5444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel provides a perfect central starting point for exploring downtown Chicago on foot (or boat on the nearby river). Suites are large and furnishings attractive. Staff are friendly and accommodating although front desk staff seem easily overwhelmed. Refrigeration and ventilation system in room oddly loud but hotel seemed otherwise quiet. Stay at this hotel for its locAtion and its spacious clean rooms.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you had such an enjoyable experience with all the amenities we provide within the rooms. Thank you for letting us know about the noisy ventilation issue, it has been solved already by out maintenance team.

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I travel frequently to Chicago (about twice a month). The Ivy is my favorite place to stay. The rooms are big and comfortable, bathroom is awesome, service is great, and the staff is incredibly friendly. The location, close to the lake, is great for runners. The Ivy also has a great deal with a local gym, which I make use of when I'm in the mood for a swim.

They have a roof top bar that is awesome in the summer.

The Ivy is definitely my "go to" place in Chicago.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you had such an enjoyable experience with all the amenities we provide within the rooms. The Sky Terrace will be opening at the beginning of May with a full service bar and a varied appetizer menu to enjoy a wonderful afternoon or a chilled, relaxing night down town.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had a double bed suite and also had 3 kids with us. Well behaved kids. The staff was super helpful and the guy working the front door was awesome! Complimentary wine and cake pops. The kids loved it. My only 2 complaints are VERY minor. More bedding on the beds like sheets and add the Disney Channel to the TV. Overall a great hotel!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you had such an enjoyable experience with all the amenities we provide within the rooms. I will definitely look in to adding a children's option to the TV Channel list. For future reference, the Sky Terrace will be opening at the beginning of May with a full service bar and a varied appetizer menu to enjoy a wonderful afternoon or a chilled, relaxing night down town.

South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Chi town for a little overnight get away. The person I was traveling with is a bathroom snob. The bathroom at the Ivy had the best shower ever. The room was spacious and everything from the rainfall shower head to the marble floor was a most enjoyable experience.

1 Thank weaverje311
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you had such an enjoyable experience with all the amenities we provide within the rooms. Hopefully we will see you soon on your next visit to Chicago!

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I recently hosted a happy hour for 60+ colleagues at the bar in the lobby of the IVY Hotel following a conference at a nearby hotel. Our event off without a hitch, thanks to the super-friendly and professional manager and staff. I don't live in Chicago, but they were incredible responsive to my inquiry, and emailed photos of the space, menus and other details to help in the planning process while their website was being updated. The bar itself is classy and clean, the bartenders were friendly and fast, the food was great, and Albert (the manager) made sure every detail was covered. We felt very well taken care of and overall our event was a huge success.

If you're looking for a modern space that is good for groups, and has well-priced drinks and food, I highly recommend the IVY. Next time I'm in Chicago I look forward to staying there!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JamesCazares, Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Lainie D,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to post a review about your experiences at our restaurant. I'm so glad that you and your colleagues enjoyed yourself! If I can be any help for future parties, please do not hesitate but to ask.

Kind regards,

Albert Pino
F&B Manager
Wayland, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed the the Ivy last week while in Chicago for a conference. I was only there one night, and needed to do work upon arrival, so comfort and location were important.

The Ivy exceeded my expectations. I stayed in a King Suite (used Tingo.com, which ended-up in me getting the suite for $30 less than the studio was originally booked for!) - it was enormous. Furniture was trendy but comfortable, bathroom was massive (with TV built into the mirror) and the bed was extremely comfortable. If you are traveling to Chicago and staying on this side of town, don't think twice about booking here. Excellent value.

Service was also very good, as the receptionist was able to direct me to the exact type of restaurant I requested (a new American menu served at a good "bar") within walking distance. Hotel staff also fixed my broken Keurig maker within 2-3 minutes from when I called down. Great work.

Only negative was a very small spot of blood on one of the bath towels. This would likely creep out a lot of people, but I simply used another towel. No other issues....

Room Tip: Midweek, a King Suite is 2x as large as a studio for a relatively small upcharge.