“Great Boutique Hotel”
Review of Ivy Boutique Hotel

Ivy Boutique Hotel
Ranked #82 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Ivy Boutique is in a great location. My room wasn't ready when I arrived at 11:00 am, so I checked my bags and headed to my business meetings. I thought the rooms were great...modern and stylish. I love how CLEAN everything felt. The showers were awesome! I love a great shower while I'm traveling! The bar didn't open on Sunday, which was disappointing. I had to meet up with people at another hotel...in the snow...after they came to mine, Overall, I had a great stay and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Codson
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property, the IVY Boutique Hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry that the bar was closed on Sunday. That is not a normal occurrence. Thank you for recommending us to others and we hope to see again real soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Boutique hotels are on the rise in popularity with good reason. They combine the efficiency of a larger hotel with the more personalized service of a small one - while not dipping into the often TOO familiarity of the B&Bs. The IVY has it down pat! Customer service, great decor, lobby bar - it's all there. But the greatest thing about the Ivy is the bathroom...it is GORGEOUS with it's black marble and rainforest showerhead. I may be the only one who rates a hotel on its bathroom, but I bet I'm not!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Celia B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the IVY Boutique Hotel on TripAdvisor. Thank you for the kind words about our guestroom bathrooms; they are my favorite aspect of our guestrooms as well. See you on your next business trip to Chicago!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Ivy Hotel will definitely be my first choice for all future trips to Chicago! From the moment I considered booking my weekend getaway to Chicago and called the IVY for information, the staff went above and beyond to help me through every step. They even helped me with advice on the best route to take once I got into the city to get to them. The room was more than I could imagine: luxury, stylish, spacious, seperate walk in tiled shower, tub deep enough to swim in, the mattress on the bed was soooo comfortable! and the TV in the mirror above the bathroom sink was crazy cool!! What a wonderful experience! We will be back IVY, Thank you!!

Room Tip: We had several rooms for our party, and ALL rooms were equally luxurious!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property, the IVY Boutique Hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the design and amenities within our guestrooms. We are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I booked this hotel via a Bloomspot deal. This always makes me a little apprehensive, given I'm getting the room at a reduced rate, but I needn't worry. The staff was marvelously accommodating, the room beautiful, and our stay perfect!

I originally booked the hotel for the starting part of my girlfriend's bachelorette party. Since I had to book the room for two nights, my husband and I took advantage of the room the night before. Check in was a breeze, and all staff made us feel very welcome. The room was beautiful. While it didn't have a great view (we were on the 6th floor and had a view of a fire escape), the room was lovely enough to make you forget that. The decor is modern and minimalist (no paisley or generic landscape paintings here). The TV in the bathroom mirror is a fun touch. The rain shower was amazing. I wish I could've brought that home with me!

The fitness center has yet to open, but they are kind enough to give you a pass to the River East Club (two blocks away) which has all the workout equipment you could need (including a pool and a sauna). I took advantage of their guest pass and went over there during the day on Saturday. Not a bad deal when you're used to the broken down inadequate machines at most hotel gyms.

Saturday night the girls arrived. The staff was so accommodating in bringing us wine glasses, lots of ice, extra blankets for our slumber party, and even coming up to open our wine bottles for us. The turndown service (with the truffles and cookies) was lovely as well.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel for travelers, or anyone in Chicago who might want a little stay-cation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ajzmann

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property, the IVY Boutique Hotel. I'm so happy that everything went smoothly during your stay. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others and we hope to see you back at the hotel real soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

You just have to come and experience all that the Ivy has to offer for yourself! If you are in the mood for luxury accommodations and over the top customer service, in the perfect location, then the Ivy is for you.

The reservation staff will greet you and make you feel at home; while offering wonderful concierge services including recommendations. Amy was an excellent sounding board through e-mail correspondence and secured our dinner reservations before we ever arrived.

Jose will welcome you like royalty and give you the sense that this is your private residence as you come and go. His professionalism was unparalleled as he hailed our cabs quickly; giving the driver our destinations for us. He went above and beyond for us during our stay on more than one occasion.

You really have to try the drinks and small plates available in the lounge. The food is tasty and the drinks are superb. If you are lucky enough to be there on a Sunday, Jeremy’s Bloody Mary’s are to die for!

Jeremy also helped us with locating several establishments that we wanted to visit; even going so far as to locate specific addresses. The bandwidth of knowledge he has in the food and drink sector of Chicago is formidable.

The housekeeping staff is seen but not heard. They are available whenever you need them, but our stay was perfect and we did not lack for anything. They work their magic at keeping this posh hotel looking its finest.

The gallery of photos cannot do the rooms justice. The comfort is beyond compare and the smallest of details have been thought through. We thoroughly enjoyed our guest room ~ which was the king suite. The shower is spectacularly amazing; as is the soaking tub. What you receive for the money is astounding.

We are looking forward to our return stay in the summer to experience the rooftop lounge. We will feel like we are coming back to family and friends! Thank you everyone at the Ivy! You too, Albert! Thanks for all the laughs!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you taking a moment to comment on your recent stay at the IVY Boutique Hotel. I'm so glad we were able to help you not only during your stay, but even before you arrived. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime this summer!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Absolutely fabulous stay at The Ivy! We had a King Suite and needed one more night just to relax in the room more. Very clean and spacious, great bathroom with huge tub and lavender salts, separate rain shower was luxurious. Sitting area was wonderful, loved the couch and hip purple chair. Large flat screens in both sitting area and bedroom, plus the one in the bathroom mirror. Loved the turndown with cake pop treat. Great location, staff very friendly and helpful with spa and restaurant suggestions. Fun relaxed atmosphere at bar before heading out for dinner. I highly recommend for all you suburbanites in the Chicago area who need a great city getaway. The Ivy is a must!

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Chicago830
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your recent stay at the IVY Boutique Hotel. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the amenities and the service that you encountered. Thank you for recommending us to others and we hope to see you back at the hotel in the near future!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a great hotel in a very good area just off of Michigan Ave. We were in town for a hockey game and really enjoyed the hotel and service. Upgrade to a suite room is a must. View in some of the rooms is not the best put what is in the room makes up for that. Thanks for the great service. Will even be better when the roof top bar is open!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a street view room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property, the IVY Boutique Hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed the King Suite and the service during your stay. I hope to see you this summer on the rooftop!