“Loved it”
Review of Ivy Boutique Hotel

Ivy Boutique Hotel
Ranked #86 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed a few nights in this hotel mid-November. We were so impressed with the room, cleanliness, the staff, the food and the location. Could not have had a better place to stay on our first trip to Chicago. We had stayed a few nights at the Hyatt Regency that paled in comparison. I don't know if my favorite part was the oversized bathtub or the incredibly nice and hospitable staff. Looking forward to more stays in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kelli k
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write an amazing review about our property, the Ivy Boutique Hotel. I'm honored that you booked our hotel for your first visit to Chicago! In addition, thank you for the kind words about my staff, I will definitely pass along your compliments. We're looking forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Got a Groupon for the Ivy. Figured why not we love trying out different hotels in the city. Can say I am so so glad we did. It's a lovely hotel. Decor done in neutrals with pops of purple. Love it. We had a king suite. Impressed the second we walked in. That tub was on my mind all night. It was so deep and relaxing. The bed was perfect. Slept soundly. Only issue was the housekeeping vacuuming the suite next door at 9am. She mind as well have been in our room the noise carried that loud. Small issue but it woke us up.
A special shout to Jeremy in the lobby lounge. Great drinks. Nice guy. We didn't have any food but he mixes a snazzy martini

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank cllong

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write that amazing review about our property, the Ivy Boutique Hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed the design and amenities that you found in our Kind Suite guestrooms. I'm so sorry about the noise from housekeeping that is not a normal occurrence. I will give Jeremy your best and I hope we see you back in the near future!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights and had a pretty dang good time! We stayed in a king suite on the 12th floor. So, now for some Pros and Cons:

Pros:
- It was so quiet, I almost thought we didn't have anyone else on the floor with us.
- Our room was ready for us even though we arrived a few hours earlier than normal check in.
- Everything in the room was clean with nice modern furnishings and we had big floor to ceiling windows in the living room area to provide lots of light.
- The tub was spacious and a loofah and bath salts were provided for a relaxing soak
- the tv in the bathroom was a cool feature.
- lots of counter space and storage
- THE BED IS SOOOO COMFORTABLE, and the sheets were soft and blanket warm and pillows comfy.. so important for a good night's sleep and isn't that what we all want?
- tv in both living room and bedroom
-STAFF WAS SUPER HELPFUL AND NICE. The front desk greeted us every time we left and came back by name. Whenever we had any request, it was met immediately.
- free wifi
- excellent location, about one block from MIchigan avenue and close to bus stops
- nightly dessert

Cons:
- the carpet in both the bedroom and living room was very rough in my opinion and I would've prefered something fluffier, I would bring some slippers as they were unable to provide it
- the furniture in the living room was nice looking but I guess modern furniture is just not as comfy as a big overstuffed couch (but as i said, the bed is awesome)
- the stand up shower had an issue with the seal on the door being 100% effective thus, one night after a particularly long shower, I managed to flood the bathroom. The hotel sent the maid to come clean it immediately.
- the bathroom lighting, while very romantic/completely adequate for bathing was not good for putting makeup on. So, I just did it in the living room.
- no iron/ironing board in room, but they brought some after I requested them
- I like using the stand that hotels provide to putting your suitcases on, and I was disappointed to not have one, but I had other space to put it.
- no business office, but the front desk was helpful in printing off our boarding passes for us

All in all, I was more than pleased with our stay. The drawbacks were minor for me and overshadowed by all the good features.

Room Tip: the suites are very nice
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about our property, the Ivy Boutique Hotel. Thank you for the feedback about our guestrooms as well. We are actually changing a few things that you have mentioned and we would love to welcome you back to see the transformation!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised when this hotel was booked on Hotwire for the price range. Great location, very modern.
Clean. If you get an offer to upgrade for an additional $40 for a King Suite, and you are planning on spending a romantic evening in the hotel, I would suggest do it.

Room Tip: King Suite have a great view. Get higher floor. Vallet parking is 49$, Public Parking garage around...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property, the Ivy Boutique Hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we can't wait to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here while on business for a week in Chicago. This is a gem of a hotel in the city. The staff were very very nice and accomodating. I enjoyed the sense of humility and personalization that the staff resonates (much different than other high end Chicago hotels).

The room is immaculate, clean, modern, and very spacious.

The bar / restaurant is sleek and modern and food was great (had breakfast). The rooftop bar is great with decent 360 views. Overall, the location is perfect -- right in the middle of everything, but on quiet part of the street.

I'm actually coming back in December 13-16 and already booked Ivy for the weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AJAybrown
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property, the Ivy Boutique Hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed the personalities of our staff and of course the decor of our property. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

What a find this hotel was. By far the most comfortable we have stayed in a very long time.

Staff were very good nothing was too much trouble.

The room was excellent - bathroom was superb bed was fantastic. Lounge part was very comfortable.

Bathroom even had a TV as did the Bedroom and as did the Lounge.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeralPutt

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property, the Ivy Boutique Hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Upon our arrival, we were impressed by the stylish lobby and subtle holiday decorations. We loved the sexy decor in our King suite. It was a perfect level of minimalism. The RFID door keys and wifi worked great. I liked how one switch controlled all the lights. The room was a good value for what I paid through Hotwire. I don't think I'd want to pay full price for it, however, as there were a number of issues:

The sink drains were slow -- I couldn't wash my face in one of them without water filling up in the sink and splashing everywhere. The corner of the rug was peeling up and we kept on tripping on it. We were disappointed that they only offered one bathrobe. We didn't receive any turn down service. Also, I think the walls were too thin or not insulated enough, as in the morning, I was woken up by different groups talking outside our room.

I'd recommend bringing slippers, as it gets extremely cold in the bathroom, and the rug by the bed is really rough. Also, there's no view from the 6th floor. You probably need to be on the 9th floor or higher for a view.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor if you want a view
Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank viola512

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed the decor of our King Suite. I believe you will be happy to know that we are changing the rugs throughout each guestroom. We will also be adding slippers this winter. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!

General Manger