WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Ivy Boutique Hotel

Ivy Boutique Hotel
Ranked #76 of 185 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
“GREAT STAY WITH EXQUISITE VIEWS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Was here for the Chicago Scene Party and was it ever a blast! Visited the Sky Terrace Not only do they have a beautiful seating arrangement but they have a wonderful line-up of drinks. They pour them very well and FAST too!

Would recommend this to anyone who is visiting Chicago or just want to see a different view of the city.

The hotel is clean and very well maintained.

Can't wait to visit the Sky Terrace lounge again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I visit Chicago on a weekly basis for work, and I have had the opportunity to see many of the rooms, interact with the staff and eat the food on an ongoing basis- the level of quality is consistent and people learn your name and greet you personally. This is a home away from home for me and I'm grateful for the quality of the experience.

What's more, this hotel has done a great job at creating a glamorous environment that is warm and inviting, located so centrally in downtown Chicago I have not found a hotel comparable to the Ivy. My new Home away from Home.

Room Tip: Go with the suite!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

i booked this hotel online. I was so surprised when i got there. Everything was so nice. Everyone in the hotel was friendly. The rooms are to die for. I had originally booked for a standard room. but when i got there the front desk asked if i would like to upgrade for a VERY affordable price. WOW what a deal i got. the room was HUGE and spacious. The showers were unbelievable. I also got to experience the rooftop. I had a great time with my date up there. Views and sevice in the hotel and lounge upstairs were impecibble. BEST HOTEL YET!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed 2 days at this hotel and was very satisfied with the service I recieved. I did not have to want for anything. The catered to my needs from the time I got out my cab til the town I left. I will be staying here again. Close to everything, food a little pricey but hey tons of food surrounding the place so you can eat plenty, atmosphere is relaxing, rooms are awesome, in the heart of downtown and two blocks from navy pier.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I found this hotel using one of those discount websites where you don't know the name of your hotel until you pay for it, so I was a little leery. But once I arrived, I was delighted. This turned out to be a wonderful surprise. The location near the Miracle Mile is great, the service was wonderful, the bed was ultra-comfy, the room was beautiful. There is no valet service, so you have to park the car yourself, but the parking garage is only half a block away. There is also no complimentary breakfast, but there is a restaurant/lounge, and my breakfast was very good. All in all, the "surprise" discount website came through.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Palos Heights, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night at the end of July. The first problem was that they don't have valet. We were directed to a parking garage a couple of blocks away. As we were walking out, the "lot full" sign came on (not sure where the next closest place to park is). After that we were told that our rooms weren't ready, which was understandable since it was not even noon yet. The woman at the desk told us check-in isn't until 3 but that they would try and get us in sooner. She also asked if we would like our 2 rooms on the same floor and we said yes. After lunch and some shopping, it was after 3:00 and the hotel had still not called us like they promised to. Turns out it was because one of the rooms was still not ready. Also, we did not get our rooms on the same floor. The bellman offered to show us how to use everything in the room, but turns out he explained the knobs in the shower wrong. When we checked out they asked if we would like the room charges to stay on the American Express. We don't have an American Express.

On the plus side, the hotel is in a great location and you can easily walk to the Magnificent Mile. The rooms are beautiful, especially the bathrooms. The beds are extremely comfortable. There are even TVs in the mirror (very cool but the lighting makes putting on makeup pretty difficult). We also really liked the rooftop bar. This could be a great hotel if they could get their parking figured out and the staff got some more training.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
alton, il
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I agree with what many others have said - too many little things to itemize, but obviously persistent and repeated problems. Unable to check in on time, low water pressure, non-working televisions, runaround on trying to resolve problems.
Rooftop bar has nice view - not the best, just nice, but very overpriced & no amenities like other upscale bars offer.
Not worth the money & management does nothing to help resolve problems. I'll take my business elsewhere next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple