“Very nice hotel, lovely and comfortable.”
Review of Ivy Boutique Hotel

Ivy Boutique Hotel
Ranked #90 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
London
“Very nice hotel, lovely and comfortable.”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We came to this hotel only three weeks after it opened - the chap on the desk said disarmingly that there had been "teething troubles" but he thought they were all ironed out now. They were! It was a great h0tel, with excellent service. They suggested in a non-pushy way that as we were staying for five nights, we might prefer a suite to the small studio we'd booked, for only $30 more a night - they were right, it was a gorgeous suite. The only two things we would comment on is that it seemed pretty quiet - I hope it gets busier as a hotel as nice as this deserves to do well. And the internet connection was patchy. We slept gorgeously, in total quiet and in well-sealed darkness, and would come back any time.

2 Thank LondonCleverTrevor
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the IVY Boutique Hotel during you recent visit to Chicago. We are always happy to read positive reviews and appreciate you taking the time to write about our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tel: (312) 335-5444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Chicago
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Before I write my review I want to take the time to say thank you Ivy hotel for a perfect evening!
My wife was stumbling around on Facebook and found a new hotel that just opened up. We looked on their website and ending up calling them directly. The person that I talked to ended up giving me a better rate than their website showed and even an upgrade to a suite for just $75. When we arrived at the hotel we were in awe, the pictures on the website does not show how beautiful this property really is. Albert at the front desk was extremely helpful, he arranged reservations for us at Volare and even got us an anniversary package for our suite. My wife loved the champagne, rose petals on the bed and truffles that they brought us at night. We will have to visit soon for their opening of their rooftop lounge next week. If we ever get another chance to stay over in Chicago we will definitely be going to the Ivy Hotel!!

Room Tip: Ask for a GYM pass, their partners with a workout facility with an amazing pool and sauna. Try the...
2 Thank SamRich45
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the IVY Boutique Hotel, Chicago. We are delighted to hear that you were impressed with both the service and the staff. I will pass along your kind words to Albert. We hope you will visit again and look forward to welcoming you!

canada
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is in an excellent location, great for walking to the pier, about 15 minute walk to pier, magnificent mile, and lots of dining and bars,
Hotel was only open 2 weeks before we arrived, and the t.v. that was in the mirror in the bathroom was not running yet, as the safety deposit box was not programmed yet so we could not use it , and they were suppose to have a complimentary bottle of champange for us when we arrived, it was there for a steep fee, room is very spacious in the king suite, a bit pricey for this price they should have a breakfast in the lobby, and get the crowd to use the dining room in the evening, just my thoughts,I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank johndeeregal
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the IVY Boutique Hotel Chicago. We would love for you to come back and visit the hotel now that we've been open for over month now. Please email info@exploreivy.com for special rates and promotions for your next stay in Chicago!

Mundelein, Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Wow. I am almost at a loss for words. This boutique hotel is absolutely beautiful and it's less than a month old. From the moment you walk into the place and are greeted by both a wonderful staff, a beautiful place, and frozen grapes you know this is going to be an experience. Our room was breathtaking. You have your bathroom with the rain shower head and waterfall stick and a big soaker tub and a tv in the mirror. Then your king sized bed on a platform with another tv and then your sitting area with yet another tv and a beautiful view. Oh and did I mention the curtains and blinds controlled at the push of a button? The bar/small restaurant area is cute and the bartender Chris was an absolute sweetheart. We also met Frank (rooftop manager) who was so nice and friendly. Honestly - the entire staff overall is very friendly and accommodating. The rooftop lounge wasn't open yet but we went upstairs to check it out. I promise you I will be back just to hang out up there! Oh - almost forgot it is also located within walking distance of numerous nice restaurants and bars so take the train and don't worry about driving here!

2 Thank Espo65
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Renee E.,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about the IVY Boutique Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Chris and Frank.

Thank you again!

Freedom, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels downtown Chicago and this is the best by far. We stayed in the king suite, my only regret was we only stayed one night instead of two. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Like everyone else I loved the shower, comfortable bed, large room, and all the extras that they have included. If I were to get very picky the only thing I didn't like was the rug that was under the bed and in the sitting area. It actually hurt your feet if you had no shoes on. Otherwise there was nothing to complain about. The location of the Ivy is hard to beat, close to Michigan Ave, Navy Pier, and the Ohio street beach area.

2 Thank MindyS291
Dear Mindy S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the IVY Boutique Hotel on TripAdvisor. Those rugs you encountered are actually made of recycled material. Here at the IVY hotel we try to be as GREEN as possible while reducing our carbon footprint.

If you have the chance to come back to Chicago we would love to welcome you back to the hotel!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 1, 2012

One night my husband and I were looking for a great new place to eat dinner and we wondered by the brand new Ivy Hotel. We live in Downtown Chicago and have gone to almost every place in town and wanted to try something new. When we walked by the window of the just opened Hotel we were amazed by how great the decor and ambience were in the restaurant/bar area. So we decided to walk in and give it a try. Since the hotel just opened that week they offered to give us a tour while we were waiting for our meal. I have to say that the rooms were amazing. They were spacious and you could tell they paid attention to every detail. The rooms reminded us of the fabulous boutique hotel we stayed at in Paris. Perfect, modern European elegance. But, the Ivy is even better. They had a TV in the bathroom mirror! WOW!! We even got a tour of the roof top deck. They are planning to put a bar up there, and we can't wait until its done. I think it will be the next hot place to hang out on a warm Chicago night. We then returned to the restaurant for our dinner. The drinks from the bar were amazing. I had a burger which was juicy and delicious. My husband had the Asian lettuce wraps which were fresh and tasty. To top it all off the deserts are AMAZING!!!!!! The chocolate lave cake was the BEST I have ever had. The also have a berries in cream creation that was nothing like I have ever tried before. Needless to say my husband and I will be back. It is a great place for drinks, dinner, or just desert. If we ever move away from downtown Chicago the Ivy will definitely be the place we stay when we visit the city!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank L T
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the IVY Boutique Hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your meal at our restaurant. We are pleased to say that our Rooftop, Sky Terrace is now open and we are taking reservations.

Please email frank@exploreivy.com for reservations and info about the Rooftop.

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel, traveling from Europe,I orginally was going to book the Trump hotel in chicago, but i decided that since i was staying at trump in NYC i would try someplace different, I decided to stay at the IVY. The location was great, only steps away from Navy Pier. I wanted to go to a Blues Club and the staff deliverd 3 different options to my room with maps! The front desk knew my name and always asked if i could help. The service is over 5 stars.I felt like i was in family. The lobby Bar had great music and the bartenders were helpfull and always give suggestions of where to go eat. almost everthing was walking distnace. the truffels were amazing at turn down! The rooms were super clean and i have never been is a shower like at this hotel. The value was amazing! i paid over 700.00 per night at NYC and only 300 at this hotel. I recomed this hotel to pople who will be staying at chicago and want service that is more personable that in the large hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Dominik H
, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Dominik H,

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at IVY Boutique Hotel and would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here on Tripadvisor.

Here at the IVY Boutique Hotel we strive to make each guests stay a unique and personalized experience. Your kind words have shown that we are doing just that.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not so distant future.