“Tasty food in a great environment”
Review of RPM Italian

RPM Italian
Reserve with OpenTable
RPM Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 9,839 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dearborn & Illinois
Transit: Grand Ave. Red Line
Description: RPM Italian presents cuisine that is modern in approach and Italian in spirit, with dishes intended to be shared. Chef partner Doug Psaltis has created a menu which features a variety of cold and hot antipasti, more than a dozen freshly prepared in-house pastas, and a selection of salads, prime steaks, chops and slow-roasted meats. The restaurant also has an open bar area where guests can order a signature cocktail, or enjoy a glass of wine from their extensive list. Sophisticated and chic, yet unpretentious, RPM Italian is perfect for a great meal or late night out.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Excellent Italian food that’s reasonably priced in a fancy modern feeling restaurant with a friendly professional wait staff. Make sure you plan ahead to make reservations and go there hungry to be able to sample multiple dishes. For 2 people I’d recommend starting with an appetizer to share (like the Truffled Garlic Bread), then share a pasta dish (such as Mama DePandi’s Bucatini Pomodoro), and finally order your main dishes. I also like the fact that even though the restaurant is formal dining style the dress code allows for the comfort of smart casual. This place is worth checking out!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,677)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

A group of six went to RPM on a Tuesday night for a business meal. Going as a larger group gave us the opportunity to try many different items on the menu. Some of my favorites were the shredded brussels sprout salad, prime beef meatballs, lobster caprese and both the fresh homemade ricotta bread and truffled garlic bread. I should warn you that this is not a place to go if you want to eat healthy. These sides were also wonderful - garlic whipped potatoes (best part of the meal) and the cauliflower fontina gratin. Finally, I had the maine lobster ravioli as my main dish and I really wasn't that impressed with it. The ravioli was al dente, almost hard, and I prefer my pasta to be more cooked. But the saving grace was Bill's chocolate budino. I could have eaten just that and been satisfied. It was unbelievably delicious!

I loved the contemporary look of this restaurant and the different rooms and levels made it interesting. Our server, although pleasant and attentive, keep interrupting us and didn't really know the menu well which was shown when she made comments like "I don't know how that tastes, I've never had it before". My expectation in a restaurant of this level is that the wait staff will have tasted everything and can make recommendations based on that. Perhaps this server was new but she definitely brought down my level of satisfaction because of how she waited on us.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was my 2nd time at RPM Italian and I went with a group. It was mid-week and although our reservation was an early one- the place got packed and filled up very quickly. Lots of people waiting for tables. Beautiful restaurant- delicious food. The artichokes, poached egg on asparagus, fried olives and giant prawns were DEEEEELICOUS. My colleagues had the steak and they raved about it (not sure which steaks they got- I was too busy eating my stuff and snarfing the cauliflower gratin side from the person sitting next to me). Fantastic wine list and they offered some nice signature cocktails as well. The manager was attentive (I think his name is Zach..) and came and checked in with us on a couple of occasions. Our server was adorable and so attentive. I have to say this is the best looking and most professional wait staff I have encountered at a Chicago restaurant. I love their coolness quotient- they all have black frame glasses and nice hair. Im into fasion and style and appreciate a place that not only is beautifully designed- but has great everything and a chic waitstaff as well. This is my kind of place- I am from the east coast and it had that see and be seen type of vibe but totally backed it up with amazing service and delicious fare. A+ experience.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really liked this restaurant, but I think there are better Italian restaurants in Chicago. The atmosphere is sheek and the service was very good. I just think the food is average, and the price is a little high for what you get. If your looking for (better) Italian food go to Little Italy, if your looking to see and be seen with good food- come here. Sorry Giuliana & Bill... you guys are still the best.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoyed the restaurant owned by Giuliana and Bill Rancic. We heard they were there that night, though in a private room. Couldn't get a reservation, though scored seats at a table in the bar, Fun atmosphere. Good crowd. Food was very good. Split Giuliana's italian salad, The Burrata ( amazing), Bucatini Pomodoro and meatballs since we were not that hungry. Great night!