“Great place for a date or night out with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of RPM Italian

RPM Italian
Reserve with OpenTable
RPM Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 9,493 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dearborn & Illinois
Transit: Grand Ave. Red Line
Description: RPM Italian presents cuisine that is modern in approach and Italian in spirit, with dishes intended to be shared. Chef partner Doug Psaltis has created a menu which features a variety of cold and hot antipasti, more than a dozen freshly prepared in-house pastas, and a selection of salads, prime steaks, chops and slow-roasted meats. The restaurant also has an open bar area where guests can order a signature cocktail, or enjoy a glass of wine from their extensive list. Sophisticated and chic, yet unpretentious, RPM Italian is perfect for a great meal or late night out.
Ottawa, IL
“Great place for a date or night out with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This place definitely lived up to all the rave reviews. I dined here with a group of six and we loved every single thing we ordered. Small plate recommendations: homemade ricotta with semolina toast, lobster caprese, gnocchi al forgo, and the cheese plate. Dinner recommendations: king crab squid ink spaghetti (spicy!), bucatini pomodoro, carbonara, eggplant parmesan, and the ribeye. I was pleasantly surprised by the portion sizes. Yes, they are smaller than say Maggiano's, but I was expecting a few bites and I could barely finish half of my pasta. Very fresh ingredients- all pasta is made in house. Extensive wine list, also.

The service was wonderful. Granted I was here on a Sunday around 5, but it was still fairly crowded- probably 3/4 of the tables were occupied. Our waitress was very attentive, empty dishes were cleared quickly, and I also give them props for giving fresh silverware for each course. I think that's important and it seems like not very many restaurants do that anymore.

Love the decor here as well- very modern and chic. The whole place is trendy, but I didn't get a pretentious vibe. The main dining room did seem a little noisy, so if you want a quieter atmosphere, request a table closer to the back room.

Overall, great place for a date or a nice dinner out with friends. The bill was a little pricey, but definitely worth the splurge every once in awhile. I will return.

• Visited February 2013

• Polish first
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Birthday Dinner Success”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Made reservations a couple months prior and glad we did, it was Restaurant Week. We did have to wait a half hour after our reservation time BUT our waitress brought an appetizer on the house to say thank you for waiting. We LOVED everything we ordered. Our waitress, Jascia was FANTASTIC! She was so lovely and helpful with recommendations since none of us had ever been. Service was wonderful all around. We recommend arancini, fried olives, and zucchini chips for appetizers. The bucatini pomodoro is delicious. It seems like a great restaurant for any occasions. Prices are reasonable and atmosphere is welcoming. Highly recommend!

Visited February 2013
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
“Trendy resto with great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Everything on the menu was delicious. We ordered multiple plates, since they are made for sharing and everything was devine. I recommend the tarufo.....it's incredible!!!

Visited September 2012
Richland, Michigan
“Very good food and nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had dinner in the bar on Mon evening...mwas pretty crowded for a Monday! our server was delightful... She recommended a good, reasonable bottle of wine and made several menu recommendations. We had the cheese platter and Roman artichokes to,start. I loved the presentation and taste of the artichokes.... They looked like flowers! For our main course, we shared the short ribs tagliatelle (my favorite!!!), the tortelloni (good dish but small) and the brussel sprouts (very good). we shared the hazelnut ice cream dessert.... Also delicious. I was impressed and would go back for sure.

• Visited January 2013
Houston
“Mmm good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Loved this place, the only problem we had is that we felt we weren't "pretty" enough to eat here.We had walked all day and were tired and our reservation wasn't until 10pm, so by the time we got there, we looked a little "worn". Not that they treated us bad for the way we looked, they were very nice and friendly. I just didn't' feel like I fit in. However, the food was so good! We ordered the 600 day old Prosciutto for our appetizer, which was like butta! My entree was the Carbonara and my husband got Mama DePandi's Bucatini Pomodoro with one meatball. I loved mine, but I wanted to eat his, it was incredible! We both had a few glasses of wine, not dessert because we were rather full! I will certainly come back if ever we are in Chicago again, I will however dresser nicer so I "fit in" a little more :-)

Visited December 2012