1,172 results
All reviews blue line cumberland station park fly close to the airport front desk hotel shuttle o'hare airport shuttle service separate bedroom aveda products the concierge lounge o hare free shuttle living area an early flight parking garage room service
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I stayed here for the last couple days of a trip to Chicago. A few thoughts come to mind:

Positive:
-It is definitely convenient to the airport which is only a couple of exits away on the Interstate, and there is a shuttle.
-There is an El (subway) stop right next to the hotel which makes it possible to explore downtown Chicago without having to bring your car along.
-Unlike some airport hotels, there is a selection of basic amenities nearby, like supermarkets, restaurants, drug stores, etc. Some of them are more driving distance than walking distance, though.
-Hotel is well kept with a nice, soaring lobby you wouldn't expect in such a place.
-Staff were very friendly with some of the most helpful front desk staff I've ever encountered. It was a bit shortstaffed, but that may have been due to the July 4 holiday.
-Rooms are quite spacious and reasonably well appointed (although they are starting to look a bit worn in places), and remarkably quiet considering the stream of jets passing overhead en route to O'Hare.

Negatives
-Parking is very expensive ($20/night) - I paid almost that much to park overnight downtown.
-Still a long way into downtown Chicago if that's what you intend to do.

On the whole I'd recommend it to anyone who needs to be in the O'Hare airport area.

Date of stay: July 2010
Reviewed July 4, 2010

You can’t beat the location of this hotel! It about two miles from Chicago airport (ORD) and it was easy to catch the shuttle back and forth. It is located in a very ordinary office park and is definitely a meeting/stopover hotel. I am not sure if all the rooms are suites. However, I got nice two-room suite on the 14th floor that was very well appointed. It even had a very comfortable desk that was facing the middle of the room not up against a wall. The bedroom was very comfortable and the bathroom recently updated. I had a business meting with colleagues from both coasts and this was perfect. The conference rooms were well equipped and easily catered for our group of 30. We had all our meals in an adjacent room and were served some of the best “banquet” food I have ever had. I especially liked their short ribs and halibut! The meeting snacks were really interesting ranging from mini-hotdogs to personal pizzas. I would recommend this hotel for business! The staff were very friendly and seemed to enjoy their jobs. Finally, one of my criteria for selecting a hotel is that it has to have somewhere decent to go for a run. I found a very nice park about a half-mile from the hotel that was easy to get to. It was mostly trail running and it was packed with deer!

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I was excited to stay at this hotel for a second time because our first stay there a few years ago was awesome... but this time, not so awesome... The hotel itself is in a great location next to CTA's Cumberland station which is great if you wanna ride the train to Downtown Chicago. The room was clean and comfortable. The problem was service. I had problems reserving a room where Marriott.com had a rate that I booked (with free parking) and when I called them for a random question, they raised my rate telling me it was an error of their website and that the rate that I had booked was too low and not available. That was a first for me. Then, at check-in, my room type (which was guaranteed) was not available anymore. Finally, when using their business center (which is a scam at some $0.60 / minute operated by a third party), the system froze and I had now way to know if my credit card was being charged. Overall, it was a very disappointing experience and because of that, it was the last time for me at the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare.

Date of stay: June 2010
3  Thank J9257
A TripAdvisor Member
Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Stayed one night doing a park, sleep, fly. Room was pretty nice but safe was locked and staff have no way to reset it. Lost the tool. We had to spray the room to try to cover a smell. Internet cost about $10 per day extra. I think this hotel has seen better days. Restaurant was pretty good but dead.

Airport transfer fine to airport. Terrible returning. Shuttle was to arrive in 10 mins. Took 25 but then was full.Waited again. Was an hour before we got back to hotel.

Date of stay: May 2010
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I spent a Friday night here for a conference with a group of colleagues. The lobby and rooms are really pretty and trendy. Everything has a really open feel. Even the music in the lobby is nice. You can sit and use your laptop on their free wifi in the lobby. They charge you for use in the rooms. Nothing else is free here. If you like to exercise there is a gym in the lower lobby, but I went out to explore. It is not a very pretty area, being practically on the highway with a train station across the way. However, when I asked where I could go for a walk, I was directed to a beautiful forest reserve about 10 minutes walk from the hotel. I preferred that to a treadmill. There is a train station as I mentioned across the street and a Ginos pizza over the highway. I did not find much else within walking distance. I don't have a car, but I would personally not pay the $20 they charge here to park when there are a bunch of empty lots around on the weekend.
finally, the airport shuutle runs every 1/2 hour and is very convenient. Not a bad stay.

Date of stay: May 2010