2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Renaissance Hotels
Hotels.com$199
Travelocity$199
Agoda.com$199
1,272 results
All reviews cumberland station park and fly airport shuttle front desk shuttle service o hare an early morning flight parking garage rooms are large per night mini fridge fitness center starbucks downtown ord lobby rosemont
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2019

"Associates and management at this hotel go the extra mile to make the guest experience outstanding." ----- I wrote this a few years ago after staying at the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel. Having recently stayed here again, the customer service at this property exceeded expectations, especially their Customer service associates Lynn and Orlando.

Our suite style room was fresh, clean, and spacious. Everything within the room worked properly. The beds and pillows were 5 star comfortable.

Airport shuttle service was on time and professional. The shuttle itself is large, clean, and comfortable.

The Cumberland Blue Line CTA stop is a short walk from the hotel entrance which works perfectly for going downtown for the day, not needing a rental car, or paying much higher (downtown) rates. I would suggest that when it rains or snows steadily, guests be offered a shuttle drop off at the CTA station stairs/elevator, coordinated with the current on the half hour pick up/drop off times the shuttle usually runs.

My original review of this property includes more details that still stand.

This property again, is highly recommended.

1  Thank Zoke2
Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

The hotel has indoor parking garage which is directly link to lobby that is nice even it’s $35 per night but you can unlimited in and out. The front desk does not have enough staff, check in and check out taking long time. The isle of the walk hall decoration nice but the room need better renovated.
The bath tub is small and not very clean which bother me. The sofa bed has mod on it which is discussing. Luckily, when we request some extra blanched, it’s delivery quick. The toilet in room does not work properly. Both living and bedroom has TV, but it’s not high resolution not big size.
Good to have a Starbucks in lobby.
We has few bags, we try to request the help to bring them home, and the front desk says they do not have this kind of service, so I need to use the Brocken luggage trolley to move all bags by our self. The trolley has bad wheel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Navigator12958855807, Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. It has come to my attention that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, we sincerely apologize.

The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to provide. We would love the opportunity to hear more about your recent stay in an effort to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.

Please let us know the best contact number and time to reach you. We look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your confidence in the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel.

Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

I'm Marriott Titanium... I stay in a lot of hotels. This place is very disorganized. I called and called and no one answered. The airport shuttle is very infrequent. At check in that are doing other things so they don't care about guests waiting until theyre done. It was the cheapest Marriott in the area....now we know why.
The exec lounge should open at 5pm. No one was there until 530. I almost jumped over the counter and helped myself. But I called the front desk. 15 min later they leisurely bring up food.
The air con is blasting but the windows are open.
The food is so odd. A plate heaping w shaved cheddar cheese. Some raw vegetables. Chicken patties cut into pieces and microwaved. They do have a bar, its kept behind the wall - not self serve

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank chinablonde

Reviewed July 8, 2019

5/22/19 reservation for corporate travel with my team of 20 employees

6/24/19 called to confirm late arrival and feather free floor. I was told that everything was in place and they looked forward to seeing me tomorrow.

6/25/19 front desk check in at about 11:15 PM. The manager apologized that the hotel was sold out and they gave away my room because I did not "check in on an app" The manager offered transportation to another hotel 30 MILES away. I was not leaving this hotel at midnight. I had a huge presentation to give next door to the hotel 7:00 am I told the manager that I was not leaving and he needed to find another solution.

6/26/19 12:00 AM called corporate travel and my husband trying to find another room. I asked the manager to wake one of my co-workers so that I could share a room with them. From this point on I was completely ignored and the manager went home.

6/26/19 @ 2:00 am seeing as I had nowhere to go I asked the front desk for a pillow and blanket and slept in the lobby.

6/26/19 @ 5:00 am asked if there was somewhere I could get ready for my presentation and was offered the bathroom in the fitness center.

6/26/19 @ 5:34 am Called Marriott Customer service - Agent hung up on me and never re-attempted to contact me

6/26/19 @ 5:00 pm finally had a room

The staff on 6/26/19 @ 5pm offered drinks, breakfast, coffee, but the damage had been done. What I really needed was a bed, sleep and a shower! After 12+ hours of travel from the west coast. You should not offer late check in for west coast customers if you can not secure a room. I was one of 10 to 15 west coast travelers that arrived between 11 and 2:00 that were all left stranded without a room.

The hotel comped the room to my company but I was personally inconvenienced and humiliated. My performance the next day was impaired due to lack of sleep. I will NEVER stay here again. The key to a reservation is keeping it.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Navigator12958855807, Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2019

Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

The R hotel never mentions the $35.00 required parking fee when it advertises which I believe this hotel deceives the customers!!! Also the Asado Urban Grill inside the hotel is total ripped off. I ordered the fish and chips with a small salad and paid almost $45.00 including 18% tips. The food was sticky covered with strong oily and never fresh. I stopped eating after couple of tastes. I wanted to complain about such a poor quality of food but tolerated. I strongly recommend not to use this restaurant..NEVER!!!

Date of stay: July 2019