“This hotel is wonderful”

Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Ranked #88 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The people are extremely friendly and helpful. The food and service are excellent. In particular, the engineer Yvonne, front desk folks Kendall and Morgan and restaurant server Jamie all deserve gold star.

Room Tip: I think they are all the same. Because the hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport, everything is...
1  Thank Leslie721
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Leslie721,
Thank you for writing a review and recognizing the excellent service delivered by our staff at Renaissance Chicago. We have a hard working team that strives to provide exceptional guest experiences. I will make sure Yvonne, Kendall, Morgan and Jamie all receive commendations for their outstanding service. We hope to extend our hospitality to you again in the future. Thanks again for your complimentary review.

Karen McGuigan, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed March 3, 2014

First time staying at this hotel and Morgan made it my go to property now at O'Hare! The facility was clean, refreshed, and comfortable. I enjoyed my room, although the view lacked a bit. What set this place apart was the service. I arrived with a bus load of other customers stranded after their flights canceled (snowy day). Morgan at the front desk was kind, professional, sincere and overall attentive to everyone's needs. Although it was a bit chaotic, Morgan and his coworker handled everyone with grace and expediency. He truly is the definition of positive customer service. The Renaissance was a good hotel... Morgan made it a GREAT experience.

1  Thank Augie T

Augie T,
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. It's wonderful to hear that Morgan's excellence in service made for a memorable stay. His genuine passion for exemplary service makes him an essential part of our team. We're thrilled to be your go to hotel in Chicago and we hope to see you again soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have not stayed at this hotel before and was pleasantly surprised. The trip from the airport is easy just take the shuttle and you arrive in a very short time. The bar area was nice, very nice bar food and a good selection of wine. My room was very large, quiet and well appointed. I would stay her again when I need to lay over at O'Hare.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

JacquelineSmith,
Thank you for your kind review and feedback from your stay at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. I'm delighted to hear we exceeded your expectations with our service offerings and spacious accommodations. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was a last minute reservation, due to flight cancellation. I tried to book other hotels, but all were sold out. The room was a nice sized room, clean and bathroom was very modern. TVs could have been a little bigger. I could hear airplanes in the morning, although muffled. Front desk was overwhelmed when I checked in, only 2 people working desk. They were friendly and understanding. Room service took a little while. After 1/2 hour, I tried calling to find out status and let phone ring for 5 minutes, no joke, before I just hung up the phone. Shuttle service left right on time and was quick.

1  Thank Robert S

Robert S,
We appreciate your review and feedback from your experience at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. I'm glad our accommodations met your satisfaction and our staff delivered friendly service during your stay. I'm sorry to hear your room service took longer than expected and appreciate your patience. We will work to improve on the areas you mentioned and hope to welcome you back again in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

As a frequent business traveler, I rarely get to have my children along while staying at hotels so I forget sometimes to see the "event" of staying in a hotel through their eyes. We came to Chicago for my daughter's 9th birthday. We chose the renaissance for its proximity to O'hare because of an early flight when we leave but also for its proximity to the El station so we can easily make it into downtown chicago. We arrived and were pleasantly greeted by nicole and morgan with valentine's cookies! Check-in was quick and both of them were helpful with ideas for dinner. Our room was immaculate and bed and linens made for an excellent night's sleep! All my daughter could say was "wow" about the "fancy" lobby and wonderful fireplaces. We checked out the pool and they had kids' movies playing against the wall of the pool!!!!! my daughter lost it and begged to return with our pizza down there! Back in the lobby, I asked for plates and silverware as we waited for our pizza and pasta to arrive and steven at the bar and Amy at the restaurant were both so nice and helpful! When Amy heard it was my daughter's birthday, she brought her a treat and my daughter was beaming from ear to ear! What a fantastic stay for a weekend getaway and how nice to be treated like a VIP; my daughter was blown away! (PS- this is from my daughter--"hi i really liked the valentines cookies morgan and nicole made.this is the best birthday of my life and the best hotel in the world!")

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

0515danielle,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and appreciation of our staff at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. Birthdays are such a special occasions and I am delighted to hear that we made your daughter's birthday so special. Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority. They will each be thrilled to know that their extra efforts in service had such a wonderful impact. I look forward to sharing your kind comments and will make sure Morgan, Nicole, Steven, and Amy all receive special commendations for their genuine and hospitable service. Thank you again for your gracious review. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future for more family fun.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We had a terrible night at the airport with delayed flight that ended up getting cancelled, so we had to stay the night at the Renaissance by O'Hare. We were greeted by Morgan who could not have been nicer. He really made our crappy night much better. He and Nicole provided great customer service to all the stranded guests. They both made sure that everyone was taken care of, and the room was great! Thank you Renaissance and Morgan for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

sam22252,
We appreciate your review and we're glad you felt well taken care of by our staff at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. It's wonderful to know that Morgan and Nicole's warm hospitality added comfort to your unexpected stay. I will be certain to recognize both Morgan and Nicole with special commendations for their outstanding service. We're happy to have been a part of your travels, and we hope you'll visit us again in the future. Thank you again for your kind comments.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My girlfriend and I had to stay the night in Chicago due to weather. We chose to stay here and immediately felt welcomed. The entire staff was amazing. The dining room was stellar. Amy was great and gave great, fantastic service, along with our server, Melanie. Morgan at the front desk even gave us toiletries, and for that, I highly recommend the Renaissance at Chicago O'Hare for your lodging needs.

• Stayed: February 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Shad1011,
We appreciate your review and high recommendations of Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. I'm delighted to hear you felt well taken care of by our staff during your stay. I'll be certain to share your compliments with our team and will also recognize Amy, Melanie, and Morgan with special commendations for their warm hospitality. Please continue to make us your home away from home when traveling through Chicago. Thank you again for writing.