“nickels, dimes, and noise”

Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Ranked #72 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Michigan
“nickels, dimes, and noise”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

They probably don't deserve a "poor" rating, but the hotel didn't live up to expectations. First they hit you with a $24 per day parking fee and then the internet is $12.95 a day. The place itself, the suite, and the staff were nice. The bar is ok as is the shuttle service to O'Hara. (My wait at the shuttle pick up area was ~20 minutes and it seemed like other hotels circulated more regularly.) My room looked west and had had a lot of traffic noise coming off of the Kennedy expressway. Jet noise was not a problem. Again, I'm not sure if these complaints warrant a poor, but I'm certainly in no rush to stay there again.

7 Thank MichiganFloyd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here the night before I had to fly out of O'Hare airport. The Renaissance has a complimentary shuttle to the airport that runs 24/7 every 30 minutes. Very convenient. The hotel itself is worth the name Renaissance. Clearly the flagship of the Marriott brand. The rooms are big for an airport hotel and you can even get a good deal right around $100 at times.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

On a recent business trip to Chicago, I decided to continue with my recent patronage of the Marriott chain, having been very pleased with two of their hotels over the past few months. Renaissance O'Hare was an excellent choice and my stay there renewed my enthusiasm for the brand.

A 15 minute shuttle ride away from O'Hare (Terminal 5), hotel reception staff were attentive, friendly and efficient, exactly what you need after a trans-Atlantic flight. The hotel had an air of activity (there was a wedding reception on that evening) but never felt crowded. My 9th floor room was wonderfully acquitted with a reception / work area, bedroom and a luxurious en-suite with one of the best wet room / rain forest showers I've seen in this price range.

The proximity of the hotel to the Cumberland Blue-line CTA stop (5 minute walk across a dedicated foot-bridge) made accessing the heart of the city effortless, even with jetlag. The immediate surroundings of the hotel's neighbourhood were modern, well-lit and secure, making a late-night return stress-free.

One definite perk of the Marriott family are the easy-access fitness facilities. In this instance, a 7am swim the next morning in an empty but warm pool did wonders to clear travel weariness. Add to this the Starbucks in the lobby (not to everyone's taste but one of my preferred breakfast choices when travelling) and an easy-to-use business centre for printing, and you are left with an extremely well thought out and appointed airport hotel!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. They treated us very well. We had a corner suite which had a tremendous amount of space. I knew about being charged for parking before I arrived so I expected it. We really didn't mind. The location is so close to the Blue Line Cumberland station that we took the train for 2 days to go where we needed to go.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Its been a while since I was last here so I thought it would be worth confirming that this hotel remains a great choice for travellers between flights at ORD but also for visitors to downtown Chicago.

I was particularly pleased since I managed to book 4 nights at $99 per night on the Marriott website which as a gold member also included breakfast in Fresh over the weekend. easy access to downtown on the Blue line which is two minutes walk away from hotel.

The suite concept is great with a separate living and bedrooms. The living are had a comfortable sofa and also a well designed desk. The Flatscreen tv had a box that allowed you to attach your laptop to the tv to watch movies etc on a big screen. As usual with Marriott's the King sized bed was really comfortable and I slept really well. Overall the room was well furnished and felt fresh apart from wear upon one the cubes that make up a coffee table in the living area which was badly worn.

I ate a very nice meal in the restaurant and also ate in the bar area. Although they have opened the bar area out somewhat, it still remains very dark and not too inviting. Food menu in the bar is extremely limited but the quality is great.

Very friendly and timely shuttle service to and from ORD.

Great hotel and definitely high on my list when visiting Chicago.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My mother taught me to always say something positive first. Hotel was in a good location and staff nice. The room left a lot to be desired. We found someone's flip flop and tootsie pop wrapper under a chair. There were three women in the room. One slept in the sofa bed but we needed to make it up but found no sheets. It was late, we were tired...sheets came fairly quickly but annoyed we had to call. Room did not have a mirror in the bedroom, light in bath were too dim to apply makeup, no available free outlet next to bed to charge phone, couldn't figure out how to set alarm clock, frig was not cold, room was cramped and couldn't get in closet without closing bedroom door, fan in bath was not on a separate switch so always was on when bathroom light was on. Annoying inconveniences.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Siti115
Maria C, Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your previous stay. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Hopefully you will give us another chance to prove we are the choice hotel in the O’Hare area and let us exceed your expectations. Please call me directly if I can assist you on your next visit.
Michigan
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I frequent the ORD area and have stayed at many hotels in the area including Marriott, Hyatt and Hilton properties. Now I think this Renaissance hotel is becoming my new favorite one.
I recently stayed here twice. The stay in April was just perfect - everything worked great and everyone was very friendly and helpful (even their airport shuttle driver was just amazing!).
But I had some issues during the stay last wee - first the airport shuttle is supposed to be every half hour from the airport but somehow the one at 10:30pm never came which led me a waiting at the airport for ~50 minutes. Also the toilet water tank kept refilling by itself which required the Engineer to fix it. But the 2nd day, the manager Karen called me and appologized for the inconvenience and also offered me some compensation which resolved the issues satisfactorily.
Bottom line - my experience at this hotel convinced me that the service here is consistent with the Marriott standard so I would recommend it to anyone I know of. (Actually I just booked myself
some upcoming stays at this hotel)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#106 of 188 in Chicago
O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
#135 of 188 in Chicago

Been to Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!