“Great rooms and prices, average location”

Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Ranked #85 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Been to this hotel numerous times for work conferences and really like it. Only downside is that its in kind of a funky location. Rooms are great though. Spacious and nice with reasonable rates compared to other locations. Starbucks inside too.

Room Tip: they're all good.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,098)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I’ve been coming here for more than 6 years doing committee work for APICS. Consistency, consistency, consistency is the name of the Renaissance game. But, not just that, it is also Quality, Quality, Quality. I appreciate the folks here AND, they remember to bring honey to my breakfast table to accompany my OATMEAL! Great people and wonderful service. BTW, be sure & try the FISH Taco meal, it is super!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MFG_Practices
Maria C, Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Guest:

First and foremost, thank you for your repeat business with us. Our goal is to provide the best service possible, and I am very pleased that you have experienced our great service again and again. I am very happy to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Renaissance is positioned as just a Category 4 Marriott property (out of 8 categories) yet has the feel of a higher category property. I spent a few days at the Renaissance on a birthday trip with my dad to see the Cubs, and I was very satisfied with our spaciously accommodating suite and quality Aveda bathroom amenities. The hotel is well positioned with relatively quick access to O'Hare via the airport shuttle or even the Metro/L "Blue Line" steps away at the Cumberland station that runs straight into the airport terminal. We utilized the Blue Line to visit downtown as well as to launch our expedition toward Wrigley Field. The Cumberland station did not offer multi-day passes; however, we found that Dominicks's, a grocery store visible from the Metro platform, sells the discounted multi-day passes. Once purchased, the passes are usable on all Chicago Transportation Authority trains and buses and provide a great means of seeing and navigating the city.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jb_advisor

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind review and for celebrating your birthday with us! I am very pleased that our spacious rooms provided a restful stay and that you took advantage of our location. Also, thanks for sharing some great tips for our future guests in your review. It would be a pleasure to have you with us again soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Great rooms. Fantastic clear water pool with actual swimming lanes and great hot tub. Huge sauna that worked terrific. Solid management. Thanks Karen and her staff for a nice visit. Be sure to say Hi to Steve in the bar. Restaurant Manager, Sonny, is very active and visible.

Room Tip: All are good here
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank hurricane48

Dear Guest

Thanks for your compliments! I am very happy to hear that you enjoy our service, pool area, and restaurants. Our team and leadership are very appreciative of your kind words. I hope that we will welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed for two night in early Feb as part fo abuiness trip. The hotel rooms are a great size and have all the amenties teh busienss traveler needs. I must say that the laundry department were great. On time for a rather large amount of clothes. I asked for my shirts to be ironed and lightly starched, they came back perfectly done and even once I fly to Toronto they were perfect for me to use without ironing again (i do admit to being a careful packer but even so.

The main restautrant downstairs is a little souless and the food not particularkly good at all, I would also include breakfast in that.

All in all would stay there again on next Chicago buisness trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I don't know of many who like O'Hare. Busy, long wait times. It's the only reason for staying so close to the airport.

My choice of Renaissance was only on the basis I assumed the worst, and stayed as close to the airport as possible. I thought I would pay the price of being so far from Chicago's downtown but I couldn't help it on my two night, late arrival, quick trip.

In the end the location of the airport to Cumberland railway station proved ideal.
Although I did catch a taxi to the hotel, they provided a shuttle bus and for the train lovers, the train was able to connect to the airport if required.

However Cumberland to downtown Chicago proved both easy and cheap. The trains are regular and 24/7 in service.

The hotel itself was excellent for an airport hotel.
The room was well sized, in particular the bathroom and shower. The layout was set up with table, perfect for the business traveller.

Overall an excellent airport hotel.

Stay - July 2009

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Glenn S

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location. Yes, the O’Hare airport is very busy indeed and that is why it is our goal to provide a restful stay and exceptional service. I hope that you will be able to visit us again soon, maybe for a loner trip next time. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Loved the suite, well appointed and comfortable. Great deal--$99 per night. Would have liked free Internet as a Marriott elite member. Good location convenient to city and attractions. Was easy for friends to meet me, and easy to get to theaters. Starbucks in lobby is nice plus!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends