“Speakeasy - Mobster Fun”

Waxwing Puzzle Company
Ranked #63 of 178 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Waxwing specializes in treasure hunts, corporate team building, social games, and unique adventures in Chicago! You'll have an adventure you won't forget.
chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Speakeasy - Mobster Fun”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Attended my first Waxwing / Murder Mystery style event called Speakeasy last weekend. It is a murder mystery style event built around a Mob Having never been a part of one of these I was a bit nervous as to the following:

1. Would I enjoy this and was it worth my money?
2. What the heck do you actually do?

Not only was it fun, but it was a wonderful way to spend a Saturday night.

Basically you are given a role within a big story. You have goals and allies. From there you have to work together to figure out who is who and doing what. Ultimately there is a team that wins and one individual winner.

It seems that these would be very dynamic from time to time as the story can change a lot. Which means that I will be doing it again now that I have put aside my fears of not having done one before and knowing that it is great way to have fun with some friends and meet new ones.

Would definitely suggest Waxwing's Speakeasy. Very well organized, a lot of fun, and a great way to spend a night.

1 Thank jpeac2

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great way to see Chicago and meet new people.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was my first "murder mystery" event and after tonight it wont be my last. What a great setup and tons of fun. If you're new to chicago or just in town definitely make this part of your time in Chicago.

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent time!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I participated in Labyrinth with my coworkers in the Chicago pedway system. Being new(ish) to Chicago I didn't even know the pedway existed ... It was a blast. We broke up into teams and had to solve clues that took us all throughout the pedway while completing challenges and missions. There were multiple Waxwing folks working towards making this a fun and challenging game experience and it ended up being and absolutely perfect day of fun and team building for the office. I would highly recommend checking it out for an office fun day, to do with a group of friends or as a way to show someone new to Chicago or visiting a fun time (especially in the winter) while getting to check out some cool parts of Chicago. Andy - the creator was really nice and struck just the right balance between fun and competitive.

After finishing the game we were given the opportunity to sign up for another game Waxwing does called Speakeasy - for free! My coworker and I signed up and went this past Saturday. Speakeasy was amazing! It is a race between the Feds and the Mob to see who wins. People are trying to kill Elliot Ness or capture Al Capone (depending on what side you're on) and everyone is trying to figure out who is who! People were a little hesitant at first trying to figure out their roles and how to gain the advantage but after about 15 minutes plots and plans were made, schemes were set in motion and no one could be trusted! I was 3 hours of pure problem solving fun. Most people there did not know each other beforehand but the way the game was created it was impossible not to have gotten to know new people and make a few new friends before the end of the night. An after party was arranged at a nearby bar and I think at least half of the people that played ended up having so much fun getting to know one another that we all continued on to the after party. I can't think of a better way to have fun and meet new people than this! I can't wait to play again.

Chicago
“Great time had by all!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The company I work for held a " staff fun day" and used an activity coordinated by Waxwing. It was called "The Labyrinth" and it was awesome! I highly recommend you check it out. Loads of fun and very interactive!

Chicago, IL
“Great Group Activity”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went on a Waxwing Labyrinth trip with some colleagues -- wonderful way to see the city in a whole different way! It was a really elaborate and complex game, with a wide variety of fun challenges within it, but made accessible to all of us.