Open today: 8:00 PM - 3:00 AM
Review Highlights
No better blues venue in Chicago.

Small, but just what you would expect. Now, granted this isn't the Checkerboard Lounge or Wise... read more

Reviewed December 9, 2019
justnotherjoe
The greatest dive bar in Chicago!

The greatest dive bar in Chicago! When you think blues, you should think B.L.U.E.S on Halsted. They... read more

Reviewed October 15, 2019
Eric K
Cary

Recommended experiences in and around Chicago
from $38.15
from $84.99
from $40.00
from $27.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2017

The Saloon in San Francisco is our gold standard for live blues bars and we were delighted to discover this place while in Chicago for a weekend. Good music, good pours, good company. All you could ask for.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed November 19, 2016 via mobile

This place was so much fun and the music was incredible. The bar isn't that big so it can be really crowded but the we had an absolute blast watching people come out of the crowd to play with the band. I feel like most of the staff can play something or sing?

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed October 30, 2016

We went at friday night with a company. There are two stages in the same bar and when stop playing the one band the crowd move to the next stage and a second band start playing! I enjoyed and I danced with all my spirit! Don't know if bands were knowns or not but for me were so good. Their vibes will miss me! Best night out in chicago!

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank froufroula
Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

I love it. Very cosy, a lot of history with lots of soul, best relaxed blues. Good people on stage, behind the bar. You can bring your own food. Thanks for having us!

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed September 10, 2016

The 10 dollar cover charge was nothing in comparison to the wonderful blues we heard. The band played for 3 whole hours with a short break. Even the singer from the club across the road sang a couple of numbers. Its a very friendly place, where many locals and foreigners gather alike. Drinks are cheap. As other reviews say there is not food so eat before or after you come. But essentially the blues that people come to hear are amazing. Lots of big names and smaller names playing daily. Do take time to go out to Lincolmn park and find this gem in the true Chicago blues scene.

Date of experience: September 2016