“BEST gastropub!”

Cuisines: International
Portland
“BEST gastropub!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We found this place on accident while visiting Chicago, and I'm really glad we did. The cocktails were AMAZING and the bartenders were so friendly and down to earth. They talked to us like regulars. They have a trivia night which is really fun, but get there early 'cause it fills up. Try the craft brews- DELICIOUS! This bar makes you feel like a real local in a good way.

• Visited June 2013

“unexpected...”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

After leaving a horrible club downtown my group and I stopped at Simone's. Very cool. It was jumpin but not overpacked. Waitresses were prompt, prices were decent and the appetizers were good. I also enjoyed the DJ, he was better than a lot of the ones at some clubs! I will be back! Very soon!

• Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“I would not go out of my way to eat here.”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

On a recent early Saturday evening my wife and I went to Simone’s Bar located in the Pilsen neighborhood for a light dinner. This establishment offers a variety of bar food and features a large U-shaped bar in the center of its dining room. It also has another barroom in the rear, but it was empty when we arrived. Upon my inquiry with one of the staff, we were told that the back bar would fill up later in the night.

The main dining area was about 35% filled and although the bar was crowded, we managed to get two seats. Our bartender was friendly and poured decent cocktails, but the quality of the house wine was average and overpriced. We ate at the bar and had a plate of empanadas and a hamburger. Both dishes were just fair. This restaurant caters to younger patrons and plays loud, recorded, contemporary music that hinders conversation. In a pinch it is OK, but I would not go out of my way to eat there.

• Visited May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great atmosphere, crowd and music in a chill neighborhood.”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Love Simone's. It's a chill place to grab dinner, cozy up to the bar or tap away in the corner on your laptop. Good DJs on the weekend and pleasant sidewalk seating during the warmer months. Pilsen is a great neighborhood and Simone's is a fantastic stop.

Been to Simone's? Share your experiences!