“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Contemporary
Neighborhood: West Loop
Neighborhood: West Loop
Reviewed November 14, 2012

What a great find! Stopped in last week while in town on business; needed to pick up a client gift.
I called ahead and were able to accommodate my last minute request for one of the custom picnic baskets. I cant even tell you how much of a hit it was! Packaged in a smart little box to include a great selection of cheeses, dried fruits, nuts, preserves, etc etc all with a fresh baguette. VERY Reasonably priced. I wanted to dig in myself! Client loved it and very creative/different. Will def be back when in town. Great selection of homemade/made to order sandwiches, delectables, wine, dry goods/little market, truffle salts/oils, preserves, etc

There are newer reviews for Pastoral Artisan Cheese, Bread & Wine

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I love, love, love Pastoral. It is the perfect antidote for restaurant food while traveling. The deli makes a range of beautiful sandwiches, and offers the perfect wine pairings for them. I was blown away by the jamon serrano and blue cheese sandwich. The young woman at the counter suggested a tempranillo pairing that was outstanding (I think it was by Origen), despite the fact that the cork crumbled when I opened it. I could have lived without the Market Salad, though. I couldn't figure out what to do with the big blob of goat cheese! Overall, a great experience.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I am in love with this place ( in the Loop, apparently there is another location - but I've only been to the Loop location). Fresh, gourmet, funky shop for the best sandwiches, great,selection of cheese etc. My sandwich was sooooo sooooooo good! The waiter even suggested a slight change from the printed ingredients. AMAZING!!!! Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

If you like artisan sandwiches then make sure to stop in here! I stumbled across it and fell in love.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The sandwich shop is conveniently located around the corner from millennium park so if you are as lucky as I was to have a beautiful day, you can take your lunch to the park. The dining experience is that much better. They have limited tables outside. The sandwiches are made with delicious artisan bread. There is a good selection of meats and cheese . I went with one of their own combos which you really must try, the duck confit. It had an amazing Brie cheese and Carmelized onions, stone ground mustard. The combination was amazing and the duck was unbelievably tender and delicious.
My daughter had the Blt and the ingredients were so fresh with incredible quality meats. A must try if in Chicago.

1  Thank miatennis