2,623 results
All reviews rooftop bar j parker second city elaine's coffee free zoo chicago history museum great location boutique hotel junior suite lake michigan directly across the street rooms are small front desk staff wrigley field valet parking the loop navy pier
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2020

I don't understand people giving 5 star reviews. Have they never been to a hotel before? A good hotel that deserves 5 stars?
A hotel that doesn't smell when you walk into the room? That has actual shades...

Hotel Lincoln advertises self parking for $35 but... doesn't actually offer self parking.
They charge $66 per night for "valet" service. I pulled up to the hotel and waited at least 20 minutes before finally going in to the front desk and asking if the valet actually worked. Dude finally showed up and took the car, next morning took 30 minutes to bring the car. You would think maybe he was busy, but let me drop this one on you. I removed all Bluetooth devices from cars connection list, but got in the car next morning and valets phone was hooked up with outgoing calls while I was waiting for the car.

The nice picture thing behind the bed is there to hide the fact that these beds don't have a headboard.

Overall, it is very outdated. I'm sorry, it does not deserve 5 stars.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Pierce M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2020

Sorry to hear that your experience was not as good as other reviewers. Sorry for any misunderstanding about parking. To confirm, valet price is 66$ per night. Alternatively, guests can also self-park in the garage 1/2 block from the hotel for 35$ a night. Please reach out to us if you have any serious concerns about the valet company and we will be happy to put you in touch with their management. Sorry again for the disappointing stay. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Great little spot in Lincoln Park. I finally found a hotel convenient enough for me to walk to Second City. Great price, good parking options. There were a number of room choices. Mine had a great view of Lake Michigan. Decor was artsy and fun. There were some great restaurants and a rooftop bar, which I will have to explore on my next trip. And there will be a next trip! Oh, and the front desk staff were helpful and very nice. Like, WISCONSIN nice.

Room tip: I was solo, so I chose a room with a full bed (rather than a queen or king). It was perfectly fine.
Date of stay: January 2020
Pierce M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Glad you had a fun time with us. It's great being neighbors with the second city team. What a great place for a comedy show! It's funny you mentioned that some of our team was Wisconsin nice, since one of us is actually from there! See you next time you're in town.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

We had a nice stay at the Hotel Lincoln. Parking was easy. There are a couple of lots that were close for self-park and decently priced on Chicago standards. We payed $32 for overnight. Check in was very quick. We really liked the room, it was a bit tight, but they do make great use of the space. The hotel was decked out for the holidays, which was very cute and complimented the overall boutique design. At checkin we received an offer for a happy hour drink, which we did not get a chance to take advantage of, but it was really nice that it was an option. We made our way up to the J.Parker restaurant/rooftop. There was a party going on, so only part of it was open. Beautiful views! The only downside was that the bartender was not super friendly or attentive. We just ended up grabbing a drink and going. Overall we did enjoy our stay, I wish we could have experienced Elaine's Coffee Call or the Kennison, as time did not permit. This hotel has a fabulous location in Lincoln Park, easy walk to the zoo or the beach. A number of restaurants and shops within walking distance. I would recommend staying here, especially if you are looking for a more boutique experience a little bit outside of the business of the Mag Mile/River North/Loop areas. I've also heard the rooftop is amazing in summertime.

Room tip: If you can choose a higher floor for overall better views, or pay for the lake view suites.
Date of stay: December 2019
Pierce M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2020

Thanks for the review. Glad to hear you had a great stay and loved our holiday decor. Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed December 31, 2019

Unique little hotel with lakefront views. We loved the Kensington restaurant attached and proximity to theater (just under a mile) good for a long walk or a short Uber. Easy to get to and $30 overnight parking right across the street.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
Pierce M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2020

Thanks for the perfect review! Glad you had a great night the restaurant and at the theater. Come back and see us next time you are in town for a show.

Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

I've stayed there a couple of times. I guess that reviewers that gave it 5 stars don't ever stay at Hyatts. The location is great. Not many options in Lincoln Park. Restaurants and bars and staff is good. Rooms are run down and not worth the rate. Marketed as Chique/Shabby. More shabby. If u need to be in LP, good option. Otherwise stay downtown.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks for the review Gene. Glad to hear you enjoyed our neighborhood and food and beverage options. Sorry to hear that you were disappointed in our decor. We are definitely going for a more vintage style vs most Hyatt properties. Hope to see you again next time you're in Lincoln Park.