“Cute, new hotel in quiet area”

Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #47 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Cute, new hotel in quiet area”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel is great! It was just redone so it's super clean and new. Very helpful and friendly staff and the rooms are really nice, albeit small. The only downside is that it's in a quieter neighborhood than say, downtown Chicago but it's across the street from Lincoln park and near a lot of great restaurants so it's not dead either.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Alanah770

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We chose the Hotel Lincoln for its convenient location. It is right on the park, convenient to all things Lincoln Park. The interior of the hotel is unique. It would not be the decor that I chose to live with in my home, but it is interesting. The service is outstanding. We couldn't ask for a more attentive, helpful staff. The front desk staff greeted us personally each time we came in or went out. They remembered the purpose of our visit, made sure that we got to the locations we asked about and we helpful with recommendations.
Our room was a junior suite. It was not a large accommodation. It was adequate. Beds were great. When we needed extra blankets, someone was at the door in 10 minutes.
For us, the stars of this facility are the people. We will return.

Room Tip: Rooms are small. Ask questions if you require more space.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mbailey177, Manager at Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Melanie, Thank you so much for staying with us at Hotel Lincoln. We appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to your next visit!
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights, February 22 and 23. The front desk staff was especially friendly and provided for a smooth check in experience. Our "bellhop", Edgar, was eager to accomodate us with whatever we needed. Our 5th floor room faced Lake Michigan. Since it's still winter, we werecable to view Lake Michigan and the South Pond area of the park. With leaves on the trees, there wouldn't be a "view". If that's what you're looking for as part of your experience, request an upper floor. The room was small. The queen bed took up most of the space, but I've stayed in smaller rooms, and room size was not important to us, as we spent our daytime hours out and about. The bed was VERY comfortable with 100% cotton sheets and a down comforter. The heating/AC was responsive and did not rattle or loudly cycle on and off. The bathroom was small, with not a lot of counter space. The bath/shower was VERY clean and the showerhead had good pressure. It DID take a long time (over 3 mins) for the water to get warm. Plan ahead.
One quirky thing about the room was the closet. There was very little space to hang long items because there was a cart with the coffee maker and ice bucket in it. Weird! The walls between rooms are thin. I could easily hear the TV next door. Fortunately, we were in an end room and only heard things through the one wall. No noise above or below. Overall, I would stay again!

Room Tip: If you want a view, choose a room above the 5th floor, especially when the trees have leaves.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Years ago, I lived in both the suburbs of Chicago as well as three Chicago neighborhoods. Visiting Chicago is always a treat. But I have never had a such a nice room with so great a view as I did at the Hotel Lincoln. Chicago is a big city and one has to be careful. But you can fully relax at the hotel, which is comfortable and near some of the best areas: downtown, old town, Lincoln Park, and Fullerton, for example.

Room Tip: I would go for the corner suites.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The room was very comfortable with an eclectic decor. The front desk staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. I had such a great stay and plan on staying here again for my stays in Chicago, I love this place!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hotel Lincoln has been my hotel of choice at least the last 4 times I have been in Chicago. The Hotel is charming, the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms, while not large, are very comfortable and clean. Lastly, the rooftop bar has the most incredible view of Lincoln Park and the Lake that I have ever seen.

• Stayed February 2013
Fremont
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Porters were there to greet us promptly, and advised us on cheaper parking instead of using valet. Even watched the car for us at the curb while we checked in and dropped our bags off. Our room was ready upon arrival, and staff was very fast and efficient. She made sure to tell us all the features of the hotel, the roof top lounge, the resturant, and the coffee shop. I loved the quirky feel of the lobby, and decor. She also helped me with a little phone charging issue, it turns out all the rooms had an iPhone docking station! The rooms are rather small, however the bed is comfy, and the room was clean! I think the windows could use a good cleaning from the outside. The only negative I have was that the walls are rather thin.... And I will leave it at that. The roof top lounge had a fantastic view, great place to start an evening. The coffee shop was fantastic, and the resturant was a nice place to have a Nightcap! The entire staff was fantastic, and I really, really appreciate that!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple