Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
$282
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$217
$179
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$643
$675
$550
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$319
$299
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$260
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$361
$351
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$488
$375
Travelocity
  • Room Service
2,439 results
All reviewsrooftop barj parkerperennial virantsecond cityelaine's coffeefree zoochicago history museumgreat locationboutique hoteljunior suitelake michigandirectly across the streetrooms are smallfront desk staffwrigley fieldking bedpublic transportation
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The previous reviewer (Looks great but needs fine tuning) more or less wrote my review for me. The rooms are beyond tiny which is understandable in a city hotel. What is not understandable is the lack of many amenities, not the least of which is a "Do Not Disturb" sign. Housekeeping knocked on our door at 8:15 in the morning the day after Thanksgiving. We told her that we were not leaving and that the rest of our party in the room next door was not leaving either. In spite of this she went right over and knocked on our friend's door! So much for sleeping in! The following day, when I returned to the room at 4PM it had not yet been cleaned (There is no sign requesting service in the room either). Did you know they have a fitness room? Neither did I since there is absolutely no information about the hotel in the room.
And would it be too much to ask for a mirror? Even by standing on the edge of the tub it was not possible to get a full length view.

The bed was very comfortable and the front deck staff couldn't have been nicer. Since we visiting our daughters who live on Lincoln Avenue, the small size of the room didn't really matter. (Although it would have been nice to have been able to actually hang up clothes in the closet).

Overall we will probably stay there again but it will be because of the convenience factor.

Room Tip: If you get lucky, you will get a handicapped room which is of good size!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SunsetSusan
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I am sitting in my room watching TV right now. My husband and I booked a room here for two nights while visiting family for Thanksgiving. We love boutique hotels with heart and character and are quite willing to overlook some shortcomings for interesting locations, quirkiness, and something fun and unique. This place has a lot going for it-great location, fabulous coffee house, amazing restaurant, awesome rooftop bar, cool lobby and an overall aesthetic that screams Chicago hipster. The rooms are very small. We reserved a queen/king and our bed is a double and takes up the entire room. The furniture is flimsy and not likely to stand up to the hard use of numerous guests. Most importantly, it's not very clean. It is apparent that our bedspread and velvet pillow are not able to be cleaned between guests and have light stains on them. Our sheets have stains on them as does the white shower curtain. The renovation is poor such as our doorframe has been painted over rather than replaced and it looks like it has been broken into many times. Our night stands are cute, but made of particle board and I am reluctant to put a drink on them. So enjoy it while it lasts, but I think the place will be going downhill fast.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank catgrrrl
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I see many 5-star reviews. Did we stay at the same place or did many reviewers get dirt-cheap rooms and wrote their reviews based on price? Hotel has cool retro vibe and the front desk staff was great. Room was pricey/smallish with barely-existent closet space and poorly-lit bathroom with old tub and toilet. AC/heat unit is old and tired. Unlike every other hotel I've stayed at, there is no information binder that gives any idea of what's nearby and no menus/prices of their on-site eateries or rooftop bar. At night, one elevator becomes dedicated to the rooftop bar which leaves elevator service for other guests to become slower. I agree with all those who say the beds and linens are great and we heard no noise from any other room or from the street. But this hotel needs to be fine-tuned....it's trying too hard to be cool while missing out on the finer details that would make a stay more comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cotton_I_Jo
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The staff is incredibly service and solution oriented. The location is awesome especially if you like to bike. the hotel has bikes so take advantage of them. The farmers market is steps away and the zoo is right across the street. And there is a fun roof top bar which has incredible views.
A down side is the walls are VERY thin. This is a renovated old hotel and there is no way around the fact that you can hear EVERYTHING in the next room. The rooms are also very small. So for a short stay, the value is worth it to me. But we were there for a week and it got a bit weary.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Came here to celebrate my 40th birthday and will be back. Honestly I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Close to 2nd city and right across the street from the free zoo and Lincoln Park. Was easy to find and s quick cab ride to trendy Bucktown Wicker Park areas. A great place to be a tourist without too much bustle. The restaurant and coffee shops were fantastic and room service was fast and reasonably priced. Free yoga on the roof and a rooftop deck. What more could you want?

There is also reasonable parking two blocks away for $28 per day.

• Stayed: November 2012