“BAD BAD BAD ”

Ranked #175 of 10,308 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: MingHin Cuisine, established in 2010, is a family style restaurant dedicated to the highest standard by providing authentic Hong Kong Cuisine and Dim Sum, to the Chicagoland area and its surrounding suburbs. Each of our locations features contemporary, modern Asian décor. Our commitment is to ensure customer satisfaction by providing the finest food and the best service. We have won numerous consumer choice awards such as being named the Best Chinese Restaurant in IL, one of the best Dim Sum Restaurants in America, and are a 4 time Michelin Bib Gourmand winner (2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019). We have been featured on Check Please! on WTTW Season 14 and 190 North Shows on ABC7, etc
Reviewed October 23, 2019 via mobile

I will never return! The food looks great, but tastes absolutely AWFUL! It all had a very potent, indescribable taste. Perhaps like fish? Oysters? What ever oil it is that they cook their food in is disgusting. Everything came out at random times, not together and they just put the food on the table, not in front of anyone, then walked away so we had to figure out what dish they brought us on our own. I also had to remind the waiter to bring our waters not once, but twice. I don’t recommend this place at all. The only dish we liked were the pork buns. Everything else was gross. I will never return.

Date of visit: October 2019
2  Thank rxfx

Reviewed September 28, 2019 via mobile

I ordered dumplings and chicken in orange sauce. The dumplings were clumsy, indelicate and far from excellent, I honestly make better myself. The dip that came with the dumplings was just bizarre, tasted and looked like straight cranberry juice. The main dish was drenched in so much sauce that I needed to let it drip off before it was edible. The flavours are good but it's ill thought through and not well presented.

Reviewed September 27, 2019

My daughter arrived at 6:30 and immediately placed our order. It was 7:10 before our order started to arrive. I state Started because I received my entrée but had to ask the server when my daughter would receiver hers as well as the egg rolls. We expected the egg rolls to come first but they didn't they came last. By the time the egg rolls and my daughter's entrée arrived my food was no longer hot but tepid at the best. The amount of each entrée was very generous to the point that neither of us could finish them.
The food was good but the service/wait for the food was horrid. The server did as best she could with the amount of tables she was covering. Go for good food but expect a longer than usual wait.

Reviewed September 15, 2019

We came here for dim sum. The place is busy and we had to wait for a table. They have a good assortment of dim sum. We tried shrimp dumplings, sui mai dumpling, rice crepes, and taro dumplings. Everything was good. Service is slow and we had to constantly ask for more hot water refills for our teapot.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

Outstanding experience. Wide variety of traditional Chinese entrees. I ranked the Pot Stickers #1 on my all time list of favorites. If you like a dense and doughy fried dumpling - these are the absolute best. Competes with the best fried dumplings in any big city Chinatown - period. Don’t miss the BBQ Pork Fried Rice, Beef Lo Mein or Seafood on Crispy Noodles. You won’t be disappointed.

1  Thank Emgen88