“Good first-time dimsum experience despite the Mother's Day rush”
Review of MingHin Cuisine

MingHin Cuisine
Ranked #244 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Fully aware that restaurants would be busy on this occasion, we waited patiently to get a table. While waiting, we perused the dimsum menu displayed in pictures wherein we focused on steamed items. This was also the first time my friends would have dimsum for lunch. As soon as we were escorted to our table, we immediately submitted our dimsum order to the server. Most of the items served were tasty except for the fish balls. We also ordered on the regular menu: chicken lo mien and pan fried rice. We thoroughly enjoyed our dimsum lunch outing.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I am going to be very honest. My experience at this restaurant was mixed.

Service was OUTSTANDING, every single member of the staff that we had contact with greeted us with a smile, maybe 5 or 6 different persons asked us if we needed something, came to check if we had ordered, served tea, checked our tea pot, etc. etc. etc.

The part that is my fault is what we ordered. We had the Singapore noodles and Sweet and Sour Shrimp, we were disappointed in that the food tasted as something that had been bought at a supermarket already prepared. I am sure that the food must be good -- there were a lot of people whose language was not english eating at the restaurant, so that must make it good, right?

That's my opinion.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Went to MingHin last Saturday at 2:30 PM. Sadly not impressed. Beef balls were terrible. Many dishes tasted remarkably similar. Sticky rice smelled like fish. Custard in phyllo dough was greasy. Pot stickers were average. Rice pancake was slimey. There was no strainer for the tea which had twigs as well as leaves in it. Wait staff was uncommunicative.

On the plus side...Restaurant was clean. Seating took place immediately upon arrival.

No interest in a return engagement.

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

This is my second time coming to MingHin. One of my favorite things is that if you give them your selections when you sit down, you're pretty much guaranteed food in the first 5min.

Some of my faves:
Chicken feet (duh, see title of review)
Sticky fried rice
Short rib with honey sauce
Green chive cake

What to pass on:
Taro puff...meh

I dinged them a notch because my sticky rice in lotus leaf had some hair cooked in, but they happily and quickly replaced it. Honest mishap.

Downstairs is an ornate dining room, upstairs is a bright airy typical dim sum setting. Some tables have lazy susans (plus!)

I will be back MingHin!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Must Have:
-Pork Belly
-Creamy Egg Yolk Bun
-Egg Custard

I have looked up chinese food from grubhub and ordered a couple of times from Minghin for dinner. However, I was originally intrigued of their dim sum selections. So finally this Saturday we made time to go to Chinatown for dim sum!

The restaurant is clean and the servers are nice. They came regularly and brought food to us fast. They came and collected the empty plates quickly too. For dim sum, plates stacks up quickly. So we were happy about the service.
The price is fair, not cheap but reasonable. My favorite dish is the pork belly (fried on top) and egg custard. The creamy egg yolk bun is amazing too. It is not really "egg yolk" in the middle, it is sweet custard with butter. It is truly amazing!!

Unfortunately I was too busy to take photos this time. I will share it next time I go!! Note, I don't think they deliver dim sum through grubhub, which is a shame. Because I'd like to have this in the convenience of my stay. They also accepts American Express, which some chinatown restaurants don't.

Been to MingHin Cuisine? Share your experiences!