“a must”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Have to get the chicago mix, it is a classic. It is best if eaten fresh but will keep for a couple days. The stores themselves are pretty boring-its all about the popcorn.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Nothing like having Chicago Mix for me and the Cheese Mix for my wife. Perfect and warm on a cold winter night.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

So a colleague brought some Garrett's popcorn to our meeting and said when we got to O'hare that we HAD to buy some and take home to our families. As it turned out, my gate was right across from one of the stores and for 4 hours while waiting for my flight, I watched lines and lines of people make purchases. It seemed that every passenger in that terminal had a Garrett's bag. Finally, with minutes before boarding I struck up the courage to go buy some popcorn only to see that there was a huge line from a flight that had just come in. I told myself, next visit. Well the line went quickly and we also had a delay - so I got in a short line and ordered the cheese and caramel popcorn and took it home to my family. The popcorn is really good and was worth the hemming and hawing...and now it will be a treat to eat every time I visit Chicago.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Get the Chicago style! It's delicious! Cheese And caramel! Don't goto chicago and not get any. There's a few shops so I just got the closest one. There all good. Prices are a Lil high but it's worth it

Reviewed March 4, 2014

As a local, I do not get what all the fus is about Garrett's. That being said, rarely do I ever walk by any of their several downtown locations without seeing a line extending out the door, so clearly people LOVE it. I have tried the regular, cheddar, caramel, and chocolate and it is delicious but nothing you probably couldn't find at any popcorn place. Maybe I am just not that into popcorn, I don't know. If this is your first Chicago trip, by all means stop in, the line moves fairly quick and judge for yourself:)

1  Thank Kris A

Been to Garrett Popcorn Shops? Share your experiences!