“Chicago must-have!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Love, love, love the "Chicago mix!" A combo of caramel and cheddar popcorn. The delicious sweet and salty mix is a treat for your taste buds. The lines are sometimes out the door, which is okay, because you get to smell all that deliciousness for blocks as you approach the store. Yummy!

There are newer reviews for Garrett Popcorn Shops

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I love popcorn. But too be honest I'd rather eat popcorn I cook in the microwave at home than this popcorn. Especially since it's pricier than home cooked popcorn. It's good but I don't see what all the hype is about.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Don't get me wrong, I love popcorn. I grew up on Garrett's and have lived in the Chicago area all my life. But this place is now resting on fame. The Chicago mix is delicious - but if you separate the two (cheese and caramel), the taste is marginal. The cheese popcorn is so salty you can barely taste the cheese. I guess it has to be to blend well with the ultra-sweet caramel flavor. If you want plain good cheese flavor, go to Wells Street Popcorn. There aren't a lot of locations, but they are pretty darn good and they beat Garrett's any day.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

There is always a line to contend with, but it is worth it! We waited about 15 minutes.
The carmelcorn with almonds or pecans is great!
We always go to the Garrett"s on Ontario Avenue, just east of Michigan Avenue on the magnificent Mile. You can smell the carmel and popcorn a block away, and that wonderful smell attracts a lot of people!

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Based upon other reviews I wanted to try it out. It was amazing! We got the Chicago mix and it was out of this world. Once I started eating it I couldn't stop. It was made fresh so it was warm when it was purchased.

Been to Garrett Popcorn Shops? Share your experiences!