“Excellent-And I am not even a popcorn fan!”

Garrett Popcorn Shops
Ranked #3 of 195 Dessert in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Yes, it is expensive. But the pecan caramel corn was loaded with pecans and rich, crunchy caramel coating. I've seen the lines and don't think I would wait, but we went to the store on Randolph in the theater district on a Friday afternoon and waited two minutes. Wish we would have gotten the large!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,726)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I now know why there always is a long line at Garret's. The popcorn is the freshest and most delicious. I haven't stop eating it.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The popcorn is one of a kind. I have been eating it for years. The quality is always consistent. They now have so many more choices. My favorite is still carmel and Cheese.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Get the Chicago Mix - Cheese and Caramel. It is delicious. I have found that it depends on the store on the friendliness of the staff, but the popcorn is great. If it's just for you get a small one - it's not the healthiest treat but it sure tastes great! Our family of 5 got the jumbo and we are big popcorn eaters - it was too much. Should have gotten the Large size. :) Make sure you have lots of napkins when you eat it!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

After reading the reviews on tripadvisor, I had to check this place out. At 10.30 am the line was over 70 people long. It was freezing and windy but we waited and waited and waited. The smell of the popcorn keeps hovering over your nose so it entices you to stay. Over an hour later we finally got into the warm store and the shop and the staff are rushing you. I had no idea what to choose so I got the chicago mix and even though it was good, I thought it was very expensive and not worth the wait.

Been to Garrett Popcorn Shops? Share your experiences!