“Worth the wait....”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you love popcorn don't miss this place!!! You can smell the popcorn from around the corner.....it is amazing!! Be prepared to know what you want and have your money ready (they are not patient with indecisiveness)....it is a busy, busy place and sometimes you will wait for 30 minutes and sometimes you can wait, five. Just grab a starbucks and get in line. You might even be asked by someone in a line of cars what the heck is everyone waiting in line for hahahah! It seems that if you catch the line in the early afternoon it is reasonable but if you wait towards the end of the day when everyone is leaving the city the line is longer because they have to have their Garrett's for the ride home!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,786)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The first time we saw a Garretts at Navy Pier, I laughed at the line and walked away - no way was I going to stand in line for that long for popcorn. Then I tried some and felt like an idiot for having walked away. LOVE the Chicago mix, and would absolutely stand in line for it. Luckily, the last time we were in Chicago was during the week, and my wife and I were able to stop in at off times to avoid the line (that is usually out the door). Also tried the milk chocolate caramel mix, which was great, but the Chicago Mix is where it's at. It's not cheap, but I've never regretted the money I've spent on a bag.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just happened to walk by this popcorn store and decided to try some. I bought the Chicago mix-cheese popcorn and caramel popcorn. Have to say the - the best I ever had!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a must visit when going to chicago. I try to avoid going to the one michigan ave bc their are several locations but there are lines at all of them. Buy extra you will not be able to save it if you only buy one bag.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Loved the Chicago mix. My kids also enjoyed it. It was still warm when we ate it! Just a little messy on the fingers! Would definitely recommend it and may even purchase a tin from time to time online. I'm guessing it won't be quite as good as fresh but my family loves popcorn and we eat it several times a week.

Been to Garrett Popcorn Shops? Share your experiences!