River Hotel
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$322
$273
$242
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$211
$187
$206
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$239
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$233
$149
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$152
$144
1,184 results
All reviewsclub quartersgreat locationtrump towerpurified waterchicago riverview of the riverrooms are smallstay there againthe loopthe magnificent milebigger roomrestaurant downstairsfree coffeemichigan avenuewithin walking distancethe beanmillennium park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2006

My wife and I were excited to get a weekend away without our kids. The plate was set: Grandma/Grandpa had the kids, our flight was actually on time, easy transit to the hotel from Midway and then we open the door to our room...... It was a stinkin closet!!! There wasn't even room on either side of the bed to walk on. It looked nothing like the pictures that were on the internet. I immediately called and complained. They hesitantly moved us to another room the next day, but I heard from several others that they got the same deal and were not able to be moved. Additionally, due to the "Linen Man" moving towels up and down the 2nd elevator, we had to wait 45 min. 2X to get down to the lobby. We were livid and almost missed our flight. Not much for ammenaties at the hotel. Very small italian resteraunt at the bottom floor with a bad menu. Luckily the location was good and easy walking distance to other restaurants. We paid an avg of $200 per night including tax. This was one of the cheapest hotels we could find and now I see why.....

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diamondfish
Reviewed August 31, 2006

I took my 6 year old daughter to Chicago for an end of summer vacation. This hotel was perfect for us! We got a room with 2 twin beds for $139 (plus tax, which for Chicago is really high). The location was a block away from the free trolley stop (which takes you to the museums, Marshall Fields, Navy Pier, etc.) , and right across the river from several boat tour options. There is also a Corner Bakery right next door which was great for breakfast and lunch. There's so much to do within just a few blocks. We were on the 21st floor and had an outstanding view of the river. I feel like we just could not have done better than this hotel. Yes, the room is small, but it had everything we needed.

Stayed: August 2006
4  Thank GeezerMom
Reviewed August 28, 2006

We've been to Chicago several times and I think this hotel stay was my favorite. Other travelers complain about the small rooms, but I would gladly give up space for the beautiful river view we had. We enjoyed having a microwave and refrigerator in our room and the free wireless internet was a great plus. True- the elevators were a bit slow in the morning because of the cleaning staff using the same 2 elevators as the guests, but I planned for it and was never late for anything. My spouse, 2 friends and myself spent a week there in July would all highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank bnahigh
Reviewed August 14, 2006

OK, first things first, the rooms are small. Mine had a king size bed, with little room either side with a space at the bottom, then a desk. The bathroom is fine, but no bath.

If the size of the room is an issue, then don't stay here. I have to say it really didn't bother me over the course of my two night stay.

The staff were courteous, happy to answer questions, but were a little cold and unwelcoming.

The room was clean, and the bed comfy and the views were pretty good.

The building itself is beautiful, particularly as it towers towards its peak. My colleague was staying high up and there were only two rooms on that floor. Due to the shape of the building the room was an odd shape.

The hotel is centrally located and great for sightseeing. At night it can feel a bit cold since really its a business district.

If you want some nightlife I can recommend Hubbard Street a few blocks north where there are quite a few bars.

For the price and location this was a pretty good deal.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank shrewseddy
Reviewed August 8, 2006

The first thing you have to understand about Club Quarters hotels is that the size of the room is part of the experience. How else would a nice looking hotel in prime location offer such inexpensive prices? $130 for me on a Monday night...other hotels (including Hotel 71 next-door) were $299 and above.

The hotel facade faces the river (I had a river-facing view, thanks to the great staff, and it was beautiful) and there are plenty of restaurants (the corner bakery cafe next door is fabulous...walked 1 block to the Hard Rock hotel and ate at China Grill).

Bed wasn't too comfortable -- it was two twins put together with a foam connector to make a King... -- but I've stayed in my worse. Bathroom doesn't have a ton of counter space, but it was very clean.

Wi-fi was free (I was at the tail end of the signal so my speed was very slow).

I would stay here again if other, nicer hotels have cheaper rates...but for $130 it well exceeded by expectations.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business