Do to a booking error on my part, I found myself, and 2 friends in Chicago on St Patrick's day weekend without a reservation. Tania Lynn, Guest service Manager, went above and beyond to ensure that we had a room. Even corporate office stated there were no rooms available, Tania was able to find a suitable room for us, and at a fair rate. Only issue I had was the computer system was quite slow. Tania did persevere This at a time when the lobby was bustling with people checking in, or trying to get a last minute room. She obviously could have charged a much higher price, due to the (lack of) availability of rooms through out the Loop.. This hotel is a perfect location for shopping, restaurants and bars. Walk across Wacker, and there's the river dyed green for the holiday. Easy to get a taxi anywhere. Staff were superb. Friendly, professional. rooms are clean. We did end up with a room with a kitchenette, so it was definitely big enough for what we needed. I understand the 2 person rooms are quite small, but, seriously, I don't need a lot of room to put mu suitcase and sleep! Also, the onsite italian restauarant is quite good, and the staff were friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step out of the River Hotel and into the stunning surroundings of Downtown Chicago. Shimmering skyscrapers tower over the Chicago River as Wacker Drive bends to meet the city’s most famous thoroughfare, Michigan Avenue the start of the Magnificent Mile. These sights sit just steps from the inviting accommodations of the River Hotel, a Downtown Chicago boutique hotel devoted to providing personal service and a helpful range of amenities for business and leisure travel alike. Our Michigan Avenue hotel boasts an array of thoughtful onsite amenities: instant registration and checkout, 24-hour concierge service, complimentary high-speed Internet access, a modern fitness center, chilled, purified bottled water, and three state-of-the-art meeting rooms make for a seamless business travel experience. Savor authentic Italian cuisine and fabulous deep dish pizza at the onsite restaurant, Bella Bacino’s Italian Bistro & Pizzeria. The Chicago River Hotel offers everything you need in the heart of it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your River Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Chicago
- Club Quarters Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Wacker Michigan