River Hotel
$318
$282
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$179
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$553
$499
$292
$252
$675
$550
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$319
$299
BestWestern.com
$378
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$260
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$361
$351
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$487
$324
getaroom.com
  • Room Service
1,212 results
All reviewsclub quarterstrump towergreat locationpurified waterchicago riverview of the riverrooms are smallwacker drivequeen bedthe loopstay there againthe magnificent milebigger roomrestaurant downstairsfree coffeemichigan avenuewithin walking distance
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I attended a conference at the McCormick center in Oct. I declined to stay in the hotel adjacent to the convention center and stayed here instead. I'm glad I did. It was easy to get around the city using CTA and Metra. The hotel overlooks the Chicago river and is right across from the Trump Tower. I had a room on the corner of the hotel with excellent views. There are no shortage of good restaurants in the area. The hotel is right at the top of Michigan Avenue. Bus stops are right outside the hotel. The nearest CTA stops are a manageable 3-4 blocks. The room was small, but clean, comfortable and quiet (although the sound of emergency vehicles can bounce around between buildings and make some noise). The first night we stayed, they were filming a movie in the street in front of the hotel (maybe Transformers 4?). I was surprised how clean and safe this area of Chicago felt. While there are plenty of panhandlers in the area, they were rarely aggressive. When we checked out the last day, they were nice enough to hold our bags for us and give them to us later that evening (we had a late flight). The staff was always willing to help out. The fitness center was just fine, it had everything I need. I really enjoyed my stay in Chicago and the location of this hotel was a big part of it. Take some time to get to know how to use the public transportation. It's reliable, convenient to the hotel, and inexpensive.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We spent 5 days at this conveniently located hotel in September. There were many restaurants within walking distance and we walked to Solider stadium for the football game as well. (Long walk). The rooms were small, but a $20/night upgrade gave us a mini-suite which included a tub (regular rooms are very small and have showers). Free Wi-Fi and free bottled water was appreciated. Staff were friendly and the onsite restaurant served us a tasty breakfast (not included).

Room Tip: Pay $20/night upgrade to get a larger room - very much worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great location, clean, updated and efficient room, and very knowledgeable and helpful staff. This was our first stay at the River, and we will stay there again. I'm not sure what differentiates the River from Club Quarters, I expect it is a marketing tool?
Thanks Pedro for your help!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stay in this hotel for one night, 2 days. The room was amusing, we could share it with my mother and sister since it was like an apartment with 2 baths and little kitchen. Super great location but not pool. People was very nice too

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Fantastic location, updated rooms, and easy in & out. While the window was small, the view down the Chicago River was impressive. I'd stay here again! I liked the environmental aspects, with the bottled water refills and an emphasis on recycling. Also ate at the attached restaurant. Good Italian food!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple