I booked this hotel for it's excellent location on wacker and michigan Ave, unfortunately this was it's only Plus.
We stayed here for 5 days for buisness and pleasure, upon entering we found that the the hotel is actually 2 hotels: the River and club quarters, check in went smooth for the two rooms we had, we paid $170 for a regular room, and $225 for a suite per night. Both rooms were actually smaller than any standard hotel room I have ever stayed in. The room me and my wife stayed in was positivly tiny, I measured it at about 220 square feet.
The TV was a 17" and pretty much useless as it was on the far wall of the skinny room as far as possible from the bed,the Wifi was useless it was impossible to maintain a connection.The bathroom was incredibly small with only a small shower stall, toilet and sink, it didnt even have a normal door, instead it had a sliding pocket door with the "door" to the bathroom open I could sit on the toilet and reach the bed with my foot!. We noticed over the week that the house keeping was not up to a very high standard, they just made the bed and changed the towels, no cleaning was done.
The tipping point was when we were checking out we couldnt find our sunglasses, we had not used them at all during the week (cloudy), and assumed we had packed them in our baggage, however they were not to be found when we got home, so we reviewed our pictures from the week of the room and can see them sitting on the desk in each days pictures.
Once we returned home we called and emailed the hotel for several days, finally after several days of calling and emailing and getting the run-around we got a hold of someone, who could only report that nothing was found in the room after we checked out (they came to this conclusion without putting us on hold or checking with anyone, just an immediate "nothing was found".
To be honest, my only assumption is that they were stolen by housekeeping, as I have pictures of them sitting on the desk the day before we checked out. Likely our own fault for leaving two pairs of high end sunglasses out in the open.My dissapointment is in the hotels customer service beeing so difficult to get ahold of, and then just immediatly telling us that nothing was found.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step out of the River Hotel and into the stunning surroundings of Downtown Chicago. Shimmering skyscrapers tower over the Chicago River as Wacker Drive bends to meet the city’s most famous thoroughfare, Michigan Avenue the start of the Magnificent Mile. These sights sit just steps from the inviting accommodations of the River Hotel, a Downtown Chicago boutique hotel devoted to providing personal service and a helpful range of amenities for business and leisure travel alike. Our Michigan Avenue hotel boasts an array of thoughtful onsite amenities: instant registration and checkout, 24-hour concierge service, complimentary high-speed Internet access, a modern fitness center, chilled, purified bottled water, and three state-of-the-art meeting rooms make for a seamless business travel experience. Savor authentic Italian cuisine and fabulous deep dish pizza at the onsite restaurant, Bella Bacino’s Italian Bistro & Pizzeria. The Chicago River Hotel offers everything you need in the heart of it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your River Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Chicago
- Club Quarters Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Wacker Michigan