Loved the hotel! Couldn't beat the location. Being that I am former resident of downtown Chicago, I knew the area like the back of my hand!! Had a standard room which was sufficient for one person. I booked a couple of months ago and got a fantastic rate for a Club-sized room. But for health reasons, I needed a small refrigerator in my room and would have paid extra for one being provided in the room but the hotel upgraded me to a Standard room WITHOUT an increase of the rate I booked at. When checking out, got my receipt, said "Paid in Full" and everything was in order - exactly what I budgeted for the room!! HOWEVER, when arriving home, checked my bank balance and I was CHARGED $83 MORE than what my receipt said!!!!! I immediately emailed Guest Services and so far I have not heard back (they are usually very prompt in responding to your emails). I had IN WRITING confirmation that the room rate would NOT change even though I was upgraded to the next room size. $83 may not eem like a lot of money, but I am a senior citizen on a fixed income and that amount of money IS important to me. Bottom Line: I MIGHT recommend the hotel BUT.....IF they do not rectify this situation, I will come back and definitely not recommend it. Just to be sure - when arriving home- check your credit card or bank account (if you used a debit card) to MAKE SURE you were NOT OVERCHARGED!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step out of the River Hotel and into the stunning surroundings of Downtown Chicago. Shimmering skyscrapers tower over the Chicago River as Wacker Drive bends to meet the city’s most famous thoroughfare, Michigan Avenue the start of the Magnificent Mile. These sights sit just steps from the inviting accommodations of the River Hotel, a Downtown Chicago boutique hotel devoted to providing personal service and a helpful range of amenities for business and leisure travel alike. Our Michigan Avenue hotel boasts an array of thoughtful onsite amenities: instant registration and checkout, 24-hour concierge service, complimentary high-speed Internet access, a modern fitness center, chilled, purified bottled water, and three state-of-the-art meeting rooms make for a seamless business travel experience. Savor authentic Italian cuisine and fabulous deep dish pizza at the onsite restaurant, Bella Bacino’s Italian Bistro & Pizzeria. The Chicago River Hotel offers everything you need in the heart of it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your River Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Chicago
- Club Quarters Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Wacker Michigan