“Awesome Chicago Hotel”

Ranked #25 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
DeWitt, Iowa
“Awesome Chicago Hotel”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed in this hotel over the 4th of July. It is in an amazing location in downtown Chicago, just steps away from the L. It is also steps away from some great drinks and eats, as well as shopping. The hotel is trendy and comfy. We especially liked the "knock and drop" coffee. The bed was fantastic and the rain shower head relaxing. We will definitely return to this hotel on our next Trip to Chicago.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JSchawl
Gabrielle K, Front Office Manager at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Hi, JSchawl!

Thanks for the fabulous review! It's great to hear all that you loved about your stay. I hope you enjoyed spending your holiday weekend in the Windy City. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed at the ACME Hotel a couple of weeks ago. Definitely will be our hotel of choice when visiting Chicago. Stayed in a King Suite which had a nice set up and the most amazing bed and pillows EVER. Room was very quiet. Hotel was in a great location. Captain Karl was very helpful. The only complaint I have is that I have been trying to get ahold of Housekeeping to find out who makes their pillows and mattresses (yes, they were that good).but no one ever answers the phone or returns my message. So, if there is a manager actually reading these reviews, please respond back with the manufacturer's name and style of the pillows and mattress in Room 503. Thank you, ACME Hotel, for providing us with a wonderful place to recharge after a long day of sightseeing.

Room Tip: Stay in the King Suite.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi, Cindy L!

I'm so happy to hear that you loved your ACME stay. I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to Captain Karl!

As for the comfy bedding, isn't it great? The mattresses are Serta, Prestige Suite and the pillows are Pacific Coast, Touch of Down.

Thanks very much for the great review. We look forward to seeing you again!
Mendoza, Argentina
Reviewed July 4, 2014

A friend suggested I try the ACME and I couldn't have been happier. Great location with a staff to match. I will stay here again whenever I visit Chicago. It is easy to get to (exit 52B off of I 90) and it is a 3 minute walk from Michigan Ave and in the heart of downtown Chicago. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dbowesinvic
Hi, dbowesinvic!

Thanks for a great review! It's great to hear that you loved your ACME experience. We look forward to your next visit!
Ann arbor
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Don't let this seemingly cute boutique hotel fool you-- behind the Rock n' Rollish theme is hotel being managed by a complete idiot. Booked three hotel rooms for a wedding. Rooms were small, a little dirty--paint peeling. Elevator wait was at times more than 15 minutes. When I asked the manager for an hour later check out due to the time spent waiting for his broken elevators he responded to me by telling me "if I do that for you, I will have to do that for everyone". It is obvious he doesn't care about his guests or their needs. The only saving grace this hotel has is a gem of an employee named, Carl. He was an amazing help to us when he realized how the manager treated us. I would not recommend this hotel- and I will definitely not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Jennifer51578
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My beau and I stayed here while in town for comicon in April 2013. Fantastic location, short walk to the navy pier and beach, and right near a train station to easily travel to other neighbourhoods. The staff were all friendly and helpful, we were upgraded to a penthouse suite, free coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the main lobby, with a fitness centre and hot tub in the basement, as well as a guest computer. The decor is awesome (it's what drew me to the place), bed was super comfy, and the prices for the snacks/drinks totally reasonable. A little more than I would normally spend on accommodations, but worth it for the location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks, Stefani W, for the fantastic review! I'm so glad that you loved the hotel staff and all the decor. I hope you had a wonderful time at C2E2. Hope to see you next year!
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We lived here for one week while we were on a classtrip. The beds were sooo good sleeping in. They didnt have any breakfast exept a little cafe downstairs you god buy som breakfast. But you could say in the reception that you wanted fresh coffe when ever you wanted in the morning. The staff was nice and helpful with recomending resturants ect. Very nice stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hi, K1evis,

Thanks for your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again next time!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 27, 2014

What a great place 1!! The rooms were clean and recently up-dated- very nice. PLus , there's great food very close by @ the Weber grille...which opens @ 6 thirty every morning for br eakfast- excellent bufffet in the a.m. ....If i ever come back to Chicago, and it sure as heck won't be to go on the 'Mathis " show again-he makes a mockery of our justice system, big time- i'd stay at this place again for sure !! Good job ACME !!

Room Tip: The Berkshire room -a club @ entry level- ... is rockin' to the wee hours of the mornin'...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Gabrielle K, Front Office Manager at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hello there JEFFJcapitalistpig! Thank you for the excellent review! So nice of you to point out the great things we have here in the hotel and the cool things near us.
Cheers,