We were looking for a place centered around my partners work in downtown Chicago and near some cool places to eat. We came across this hotel. Check in was easy, parking was easy, and the rooms and hallways are unlike any other stuffy hotel. Parking is in the garage right next to the hotel and it was affordable, as downtown hotels go. It was under $40 and you park yourself so you don't need a tip.
The rooms were decorated pretty cool. The artwork hanging up wasnt have the obligatory flower or seascape scenery you usually see people selling at garage sales. It was cool artwork. Our room had a huge print of a hand print. The rooms aren't very big, but when you're not spending much time in them, that shouldn't matter. They have phone charging station at the desk, and really nice robes to use while you're there.
The rooms are equipped with fridges and stocked fridges with beer and soda. the beers were $5 each which isn't too bad considering you'll pay that at the bars in the area. If you're looking for a cool place to stay, this is it. But don't expect to cram a bunch of people into the smaller rooms.
The elevators have cool album covers hanging in them and they play music from the said albums. I thought that was a nice touch! They have a bar/restaurant but I cant comment on that because we didn't go in. they did give us 2 free drinks coupons however. We were getting away form our toddler for the night so we wanted to venture out.
I would highly recommend this place. The rates aren't that bad, although we did splurge. Our room had a great view of the Hancock building. It was cool to fall asleep with that view. We did ask to change our room from the first one due to some noise, but they had no problems moving us! Everyone was very nice. As far as location, you really cant beat it. It's right near Weber Grill and some of the other cool restaurants.
Stay here if you ever get the chance!
I'd give it a 5 but I didn't go into the restaurant/bar so I feel my visit wasn't as complete.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish Downtown Chicago Hotel. The brand new ACME Hotel Company in downtown Chicago offers a modern hotel experience with stylish decor, a high-tech vibe, affordable rates and so much more.Located 2 ½ blocks from the Magnificent Mile in the River North neighborhood, ACME is downtown Chicago's all new boutique hotel alternative.If you appreciate an eye for design and dig a high-tech vibe, you'll feel right at home. We'd like to call ourselves cool, or hip, because we are, but that just feels like bragging. But mostly, ACME is what we consider approachable - in more ways than one. The fact is, we want your experience at our downtown Chicago hotel to blow your mind, not your budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your ACME Hotel Company Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites Downtown
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Comfort Inn Downtown
- Comfort Inn Chicago
- Chicago Comfort Inn