I had been wanting to stay at the Acme Hotel Company for a while, and I finally got my opportunity. From the moment I started reviewing the website, I knew I was going to like the experience. As part of the booking process on their website, I "unlocked" a free drink at the Berkshire Room. I emailed to ask some questions about breakfast items (I have a wheat allergy), and the manager promptly replied. I was able to check in online and make room requests the day before arriving. Upon arriving, the staff was extremely helpful. They helped us to get cabs for our large party. They got me ice for my injured knee. They kindly directed us to parking. One might expect that a "hipster" hotel would have rude staff members. Nothing could be further from the truth!
As far as the rooms, they are small but very nice. The bed was extremely comfortable. My room was on the top floor and towards the back of the building, and I didn't get woken up a single time by city noise. The work space was great. I loved the bathroom...great shower and great toiletries. Coffee delivery straight to your door is a nice touch.
The location is great. Tons of restaurants and bars in the area, including the hotels own fabulous Berkshire Room...which is my new favorite bar in the city. If you are not familiar with Chicago, it is an easy walk to Michigan Avenue from this hotel. I also find it to be an easy walk to Millennium Park and the Art Institute, but I love to walk. From this location, you can also easily get a cab to anywhere you want to go if that's your preferred mode of transportation. The parking garage, however, is REALLY cheap to park at ($39 a night when I stayed) with in-out privileges.
From the hotel's staff to decor to art to bar to location, this is a hotel experience you will not want to miss out on!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish Downtown Chicago Hotel. The brand new ACME Hotel Company in downtown Chicago offers a modern hotel experience with stylish decor, a high-tech vibe, affordable rates and so much more.Located 2 ½ blocks from the Magnificent Mile in the River North neighborhood, ACME is downtown Chicago's all new boutique hotel alternative.If you appreciate an eye for design and dig a high-tech vibe, you'll feel right at home. We'd like to call ourselves cool, or hip, because we are, but that just feels like bragging. But mostly, ACME is what we consider approachable - in more ways than one. The fact is, we want your experience at our downtown Chicago hotel to blow your mind, not your budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your ACME Hotel Company Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Comfort Inn And Suites Downtown
- Comfort Inn Downtown
- Comfort Inn Chicago
- Chicago Comfort Inn