ACME Hotel Company Chicago
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$643
$424
$282
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$217
$179
$292
$252
$675
$550
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$361
$351
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$260
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$375
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$474
$437
Agoda.com
$347
Hotelpower.com
  • Room Service
4,238 results
All reviewsberkshire roomknock and dropcoffee deliveredmorning joewest town bakerybakery downstairsalbum coversred lipsgreat locationcoffee servicefunky hotelfree coffeefun hotelbathroom mirrorcool vibehot tubking suite
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a basic, king-bed room. As far as hotels go, the room is small, but cozy. There are only two small drawers for clothes and 6 hangers on the wall. I was perfectly fine living out of my suitcase the 3 nights I was here. I loved that we had our own thermostat. There is a fridge, but it is filled with drinks (beer, water, and fruit drinks) that you have to buy (hotel-expensive prices), and there are more pricey snacks on the table. They sit on an electronic tray and you get charged if you pick them up. My friend did before we noticed the warning, but when we went down to correct it, the front desk was helpful and understanding.
The window faces a blank building wall, so if you want a room with a view, I'd try asking. They have a free basic-coffee delivery service in the morning, and the TV in the room is BEAUTIFUL. This hotel is a full step up from the generic, boring hotels I am used to. The bed, pillows, and blankets are soft and comfortable.
There is a restaurant downstairs and a small bakery too. The overall modern, rock/punk vibe of the hotel makes me happy I stayed. Love the price, love the atmosphere, love the city!

Brent H, Front Office Manager at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Hi, bugsyamw!

Thanks for your review! I'm glad your enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to hear that you appreciated the decor and were happy with your experience. We hope to see you again next time you're in the city!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

The Acme gave us a great experience, location was central to all we wanted to do, and the service was good. The hotel had a great vibe, fun for me and my teenager. The beds were comfy, room was clean, and while the closet was minimal, had no trouble getting our stuff put away. Little fridge came in handy , and tho' we didn't use it , always nice to have a microwave. Didn't love the rain shower head, but bathroom had a nice heat lamp which kept the room toasty warm. Free Wifi, and large flat screen TV. Only complaints, was little mold in the shower grout, lots of early traffic noise,and the TV remote worked sporadically. Other than that loved it!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Hi, Smblock!

Thanks for your feedback. It's great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and had a great experience. I am definitely going to pass on the comments about the shower grout to my housekeeping manager. Thanks for bringing that to our attention. We really hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Came here to try the Google Glass, but realized the hotel had way more than just that. So many quirky little things, from the odd name to the chalkboard on the door. Friendly staff and unbeatable location are also strong draws to this memorable hotel. We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Brent H, Front Office Manager at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Hi, Brett W!

Thanks for the wonderful review! It's great to hear that we were able to pleasantly surprise you. We hope you stay with us again!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

This hotel was fantastic. From the moment you arrive, the term "boutique hotel" is defined in the quirkiness and elegance of this establishment.

The location was excellent. Located just off the miracle mile, the hotel is close to shops and restaurants. My friends and I never had any trouble walking to most attractions since the hotel is so centrally located. There is a grocery store close by to stock up on snacks and other provisions for your stay. Perfect.

The staff is friendly and helpful. They will provide maps of the city and are also knowledgeable about most city attractions.

The room is cleverly decorated and immaculate. A pair of giant lips are painted on the bathroom mirror, bright orange mid-century inspired chairs make up the seating area, and comfy beds are perfect for a nights rest after schlepping all over Chicago during the day. Cute details like flying pig statuettes adorn the shelves, and robes with the ACME logo are out for your use. Very comfortable and convenient. The room has closet space and plenty of room for your luggage. The room has a large television and an ihome on the nightstand. I would have liked more outlets to charge various accessories, but I always bring my extension/multi-plug cord for such occasions. Rooms have refrigerators and microwaves convenient for keeping your drinks cold and heating up a quick breakfast before hitting the exciting streets of Chicago.

The ice machine is just down the hall on every floor. You can tell by the painting of an ice-machine on the outside of the door. Ha! The elevators are decorated with album cover art from the 1970s and 80s. Your room will have a chalkboard on it for your "Do Not Disturb" messages to housekeeping. Or in our case to write "Candygram!" and "That's all Folks!" and other daily nonsense messages that made us laugh.

In the end, I have no complaints about this hotel. I highly recommend it for your stay in Chicago. I had never been to Chicago before, but if I go again, I will be staying at ACME. I've already recommended it to a friend of mine who will be visiting this summer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Hi, Mrs_Kenobi!

I loved reading your review. Thanks so much for your feedback! It's great to hear everything that you enjoyed about your stay with us. I really hope we can look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Chicago!

P.S. Great pics!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Unless you're stuck on what a hotel room "should" be like, you'll likely appreciate what ACME does to redefine the urban hotel experience. Rooms are small but they feel spacious and have more furniture and comfort than much larger rooms in much more expensive hotels because they've used the space so well and paid careful attention to the details. The design is functional funky--from the designer ironing board hanging on the wall to the plumber's pipe railing in the elevators. So many little touches that you wouldn't expect at a discount hotel in the heart of a major city--outstanding flat screen TV with great picture and good channel selection; night stands on both sides of the bed with actual draw space; a table with seating for 4; good bathroom; very clean and everything modern; fast elevators; fast, free high-speed wifi. And the location is very good. Highly recommend. Two quibbles: first, the aforementioned table serves as the desk for the room, too, and it's too high to comfortably type and it's comfortable to sit at for a long work session; I appreciate the cool, functional design, but they take it a little too far in the bathroom by not having a toilet paper holder--the tp just sits next to the toilet.
But I give them very high marks for enough other touches--like the quality of the TV and internet--that they still get all 5 stars. Oh, and I found the staff to be exceptionally helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hi, tbrooksher!

Thanks for your great feedback! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you found the staff helpful. It's great to hear when guests really appreciate the design. We really hope to have you back again!