“Hidden Jewel”

ACME Hotel Company Chicago
Ranked #30 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed November 24, 2013

An absolutely breathtaking experience.
Celebrated my bday with my son. Great games room. Clean. Bargain. Excellent staff and close to absolutely everything.
My favorite Boutique Hotel in the City.
Walking distance from so much you wont wanna stay anywhere else

Room Tip: Request an Ohio street view!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Brent H, Front Office Manager at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Hi, manuelavila04!

Thanks for the fantastic review! I'm so glad you chose to spend your birthday at the ACME. Happy Belated Birthday! It's great to hear that you and your son enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,929)

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Acme is Awesome!

The rooms are exactly as shown on the website (which we all know is not usually the case with hotels). I am traveling with two 9 year old boys and we are all having a great stay. (Some of you know what a big deal two simultaneously happy nine year old kids is. For those of you who don't know, its a pretty big deal. :) ). The bed is perfect. The large flat screen tv is perfect. The shower is perfect. Its just perfect. :) The room layout is just really well thought out. I'm not looking for anything or feeling like I'm missing anything (except a closet).

At the front desk Supervisor John is awesome. He is super friendly and really anxious to be of help in any way he can. He is seemingly always here, so he will likely be here when you come too. :)

Because Acme is really centrally located, traveling thru the city from here has been super easy, hop on the train or the bus just a few blocks from here. Every time I come to Chicago (or really anywhere I can do it) I take public transportation. The front desk knows all about the public transportation and what they don't know, they look up for you immediately. (Awesomeness.)

Say you are here for business, not vacation, still a really excellent place to stay because there is food, shopping or movies two blocks in any direction. (Actually, in line at Willis Tower yesterday I ran into a guy that stayed here while interviewing for his job, he thought it was great too.)

The bakery/coffee shop in the lobby is open till 11pm. Thats awesome. I don't want to drink coffee late at night, but I do want to feed kids, so this is great.

There is what appears to be a very happening night spot in this building. I haven't had a chance to stop in, but it looks great and a few other people I've run into at other restaurants in the area know about it, so I'm thinking its a pretty nice spot.

When you're here, don't overlook the hot tub, the workout area and the laundry room. The boys love hot tubs. We went down in the early evening and it was pretty empty (just the way I like it). A lot of times when traveling, I forgo the treadmill (and I tell myself its) mostly because the workout area is so drab/depressing. So not the case here. I went down early in the morning (again deserted, but again, just the way I like it), it was perfect. In the morning I'll be using the self serve laundry area as we prepare to move on to the next leg of our trip.

I think its also important to point out that, as a single woman, moving about the hotel alone, or with the kids, I always feel safe here. Safety has not, for one minute, been a concern (that I have had at some other hotels).

One more thing, that might not be an issue to most, but for me, planning a vacation on a tight budget, being able to prepay my stay was an added convenience. (Actually, on a couple of trips in the past, a hotel might say that they have the prepay option, but it turned out to just be a hold on the card. I much prefered getting this expense taken care of last month, making my budget easier to manage.)

In conclusion, I will say that I have never been on Trip Advisor and only been able to find good reviews about any hotel, I was going to say about any hotel in my price range, but sometimes I read reviews on super expensive hotels (just because) and I really can't recall another time I have found only good reviews... So, if you're on the fence, don't be, its a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Hello, KCMOMichelle!

Thanks for such a great review! I'm so glad you and your family are enjoying your stay at the ACME. I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to John. I'm sure he'll appreciate them! We hope you come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed here as an alternative to the massive, expensive conference hotel. I'm so glad I did. Rooms are decorated with quirky touches, it's incredibly clean and fresh. Also, just steps from the Red Line, it's easy to jump on the train downtown. If your destination is the Magnificent Mile, you're in a perfect spot, too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Brent H, Front Office Manager at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Hi, traveler2983!

Thanks for the review! I'm so glad you chose the ACME for your recent trip and enjoyed it. Please visit us again!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel made our trip to Chicago great. Waking up every morning to fresh coffee, as much as needed and comfortable Queen beds, a clean shower and quick service was a huge plus. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Hi, Derek G,

Thanks for your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. It's good to hear that you enjoyed the Morning Joe service and the level of customer service you received. We'd love to have you back again!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had a terrific time at the Acme Hotel Company in Chicago! Not to expensive, close to everything, close to mass transit, what more do you need? If you do need more you will appreciate the bath robes in your room for use while you are there, high end toiletries, comfortable beds and linens, and don't miss the complimentary coffee each morning (I can't think of a better wake up call)! If you enjoy the night life there is a club right in the Hotel, maybe that isn't your speed and you'd rather enjoy the gourmet donuts shop across from the lobby. The rooms are small and not all rooms have a view, but that is why being so close to the action of the city is so great. If you are up for a good walk you can get your self most anywhere (Chicago Institute of Art, Aquarium, Natural History Museum, Navy Pier, and the Hancock Building, just to name a few) from the prime location. Another great bonus was that when our flight left quite a bit later than the Hotel check out, they were kind enough to check our luggage in the lobby so we could spend one more day out on the town un-tethered before leaving for the airport. All in all we would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel to our friends and family. And we absolutely intend to stay there again when we have the chance to enjoy the windy city once again. ENJOY!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sara J

Sara J!

Thanks so much for the awesome review! I glad you enjoyed your stay at the ACME so much. It's great to hear and much appreciated that you'd recommend us to others. We really hope to have you back again!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

From the moment you walk into the lobby, you know this experience will be different from other hotels. It's just a very cute and affordable place to stay in the city, don't choose your regular run of the mill hotel choose Acme.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Brent H, Front Office Manager at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Hi, njhassinger!

Thanks for the kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Please visit again next time you're in Chicago!

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We booked a room via Groupon and I had never stayed in a boutique hotel before so both of those reasons made me cautious. Plus the website is limited in its info so I was leery I admit. Much to my surprise this was the coolest hotel in the best location! The elevators are decorated with hip album covers (that won me over right there) and the rooms are nice and modern - I love that they have floors and not gross carpeting! The bed was super comfortable too with lots of pillows, a must have! All in all I could not have been any happier. The bakery on the 1st floor has delicious choices. Restaurants and shopping are literally right out the door, on the same block even. The parking garage is next door if you drive. The staff was super friendly. A very positive experience. Thumbs up!!!

Stayed: November 2013

Hi, Jen2114!

Thanks for the fantastic review! I'm so glad that we could make your first experience of a boutique hotel a great one. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the ACME and hope to have you stay again!